Lead Software Engineer - Cloud Services
If you're the right person for the job, you will be joining the growing Edge team within HomeAway's Cloud Platform Engineering Team. As a Cloud Platform leader, you will continue to drive HomeAway's culture of engineering empowerment. The Cloud Platform team enables developer productivity and velocity through an automated Multi-PaaS cloud infrastructure. This platform is rooted in the principle of infrastructure as code and is constantly evolving and integrating new and interesting technologies. You'll be expected to continually learn, utilize and contribute to the latest open-source tools available to enable a seamless experience between our bare metal, public and private cloud environments.
What you’ll do
As a leader, you will be driving HomeAway's engineering culture, by building, evangelizing and supporting the environments used by all of HomeAway's engineers globally. You'll have the chance to drive the development experience on the bleeding edge of cloud technologies. Our ever-growing footprint will give you the opportunity to work at scale while being creative in an agile team. You'll be joining a credible team where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You'll also get to work with stakeholders across the globe gaining international experience in a fast paced eCommerce industry all while working in an incredible office space!
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the routing and service mesh that forms the core of our micro-services platform.
- Working with our internal business partners to gather requirements
- Developing enterprise platform services utilizing service oriented architectures
- Developing unit tests, functional tests, and integration test frameworks for distributed systems
- Performing peer reviews, code walkthroughs, and weekly demos
- CI/CD pipeline management for infrastructure components
- Must have the ability to be a self-starter and work independently on technical projects but also work collaboratively with project team members through an agile development process that promotes constant team communication
- Must have excellent communication skills to assist in conducting user interview sessions, requirements gathering, and design reviews
Who You Are
- Traffic Management - You have experience with programmatically managing the flow of traffic for a micro-service platform
- Programming skills – You are comfortable writing code in multiple languages, confident in choosing the right strongly or dynamically typed language for the job. Preferred language familiarity: Java, NodeJS, Ruby, Scala, Go
- Database skills – You understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, you've implemented code against several different database platforms.
- Development experience - Service Oriented Architecture and micro-services
- Experience with Java and Scala, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Go, etc.
- Knowledge of configuration management tools, monitoring tools, cloud platforms, and software delivery tools
- Experience with micro-services networking, load balancing, and service discovery concepts and technologies
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.