Senior Analyst, Data Insights and Strategy - Marketing
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Global Analytics& Data Insights team in Austin to support Brand & Integrated Marketing team. This role will be responsible for providing actionable insights to marketing partners to drive market place success. The goal of the team is to identify, define, and drive focus on the company’s critical metrics, provide visibility into trends, and drive opportunities.
You will work closely with Marketing, Data Science, Data Engineers and Finance to drive Marketing strategic initiatives focusing on helping HomeAway evaluate, test, and scale exciting new opportunities and strategic initiatives.You should have a strong analytical and consultative mindset, a high level of business insight and understanding of databases and data visualization. You will bring expertise in building and refining data analysis to help tackle key business problems.
- Find compelling insights within data, utilizing tools to extract and analyze big data sets, and translate those insights into action, using your interpersonal skills
- Drive thoughtful and well-informed decision-making with our senior business leaders
- Work on proactive projects to support the company strategy and marketing initiatives
- Deliver quantitative models to help inform decision-making
- Analyze the performance drivers of traffic acquisition channels, translating insights into actionable hypotheses and tests recommendations, customer scoring and segmentation models
- Define and improve reporting of critical metrics to drive cross channel insights and efficiency
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams globally understand business objectives and challenges
- Prioritize and work independently with minimum guidance
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (e.g., Strategy, Business, Economics,Mathematics, Statistics) and 4 years of experience in data analytics OR Masters degree in an analytical field and 2 years of experience in data analytics. MBA preferred.
- Background in analytics (including consulting, investment banking, finance or revenue management) or relevant area – travel, e-commerce, real estate – a strong bonus.
- Experience in complex analytical business problems working with data to identify trends, patterns and make recommendations
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills
- Record of business analysis and fact-based decision-making
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, able to manage projects concurrently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Confirmed experience using relational databases and big data via writing performant queries in SQL (MSSL, BQ, Hive) against large datasets inEDW, AWS and Hadoop environments
- Strong skills in Tableau, SQL, R, Python required for data analysis, structuring, and visualizing
- Data Science knowledge and Agile methodology is an added bonus
- Familiarity with eCommerce, web analytics (Google analytics /Clickstream data) tracking/tagging, and marketing attribution desired
- Passion for data driven business decision-making
- Fast learner and ability to reach power-user status on multiple tools quickly
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by prioritizing effectively
- Desire to exhibit an infectious commitment to perfection
- Ability to work effectively in a lean, global and matrixed environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.