Hi, we’re findhelp. Nice to meet you.
We’re changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
We’re powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord we’d love for you to keep reading.
About the team you'll be joining:
We are a small team tasked with making our engineering teams autonomous and their processes more enjoyable, more stable, and faster. Our team is ruthless in maintaining our focus on the most important work, spending a lot of time refining and preparing tickets for work. Then we get our work to capital-D “Done” so that we only have to revisit it by choice.
We are looking for a senior engineer with a background in any one or all of web development, SaaS web operations, devops, or cloud security to provide technical guidance to our team.
This person needs to have the temperament and desire to provide mentorship to the more junior members of the team, as well as being able to help triage and firefight issues as they invariably arise across our stack.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is instinctively collaborative and eager to learn new things.
What You'll Do:
- Provide technical direction was we build self-service tools to provision secure cloud infrastructure in GCP
- Set an example for the team during planning, refinement, and retros
- Be available (but with boundaries) to being a subject matter expert for other teams in the engineering organization
- Keep open communication with other teams and stakeholders to develop requirements and make sure that we are all pulling in the same direction
- Look for opportunities for personal and professional growth for self and team
- At least a total of 7 years of experience as a web, operations, security, infrastructure, or devops engineer, some of which should have come while at a cloud-based SaaS company, AND
- Expertise in GCP, particularly AppEngine, cloud functions, pub/sub
Expertise (in at least two of the following):
- cloud security, particularly IAM, firewalls, and log aggregation and monitoring
- networking, both internal and dns
- cloud-first infrastructure-as-code tools like Pulumi, Terraform, or AWS CDK
- test-driven development (not merely writing tests, but “red, green, refactor”)
- database administration, particularly MySQL
Perks at findhelp:
- 401k & stock options
- Free food and onsite gym
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Pet friendly office with attached dog park
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
We value being together
We believe being together enables stronger relationships, collaboration, and culture.
You can expect to be in-office if you’re applying in cities we currently have offices (Austin, TX and Denver, CO).
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
-Unconscious bias training for every team member
-Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) committee
Findhelp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.