Senior Engineering Manager, Experimentation Platform
HomeAway is looking for a Software Engineering Manager that is obsessed with the scientific method to lead our Testing Platform team. The team mission is to build a company-wide platform for experimentation and analysis that increases our test velocity. If you are a technical leader interested in changing the way HomeAway does AB testing, this is the team for you!
What you’ll do:
- Day to day responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product, Data Science, Dev, and Business Intelligence to build our multivariate testing and readout platform
- Become an expert in multivariate testing methodologies and statistical inference
- Drive long-term vision within the organization
- Hire and develop great people
- Manage and lead the team
Who you are:
- Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands on technical leader with experience developing consumer facing web applications using Java technologies
- Proven commitment to quality and velocity
- Results oriented with the ability to inspire passion in others
- Experience with statistics is a plus
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and data engineering is a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.