Senior Engineering Manager at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about Travel, Technology, and solving tough problems for the Customer? Are you seeking a leadership opportunity within a mission critical team that is core to the business success? The EG Core Search group is looking for a Senior Engineering leader to join their team who can drive key outcomes with their teams. In this role you will be working closely with your team and partners to drive outcomes for our most critical systems that are directly impactful to our business. This strong people, technology, and outcome focused leader will be supported by top industry talent and will be setup for success from the start already joining some of the highest performing teams within the organization.
Challenges we can work on: Working with team to simplify our services and driving towards strong bounded context through domain driven design. Developing strategic plans for the systems within the Core Search domain and working with product and partners to socialize and deliver. Making real-time decisions that move us closer to our goals. Being responsible for a multi-million-dollar cloud spend strategy and striving towards efficiency (needs work).
What you'll do:
- Own end-to-end availability and performance SLAs of key services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Lead one or more teams of Engineers/Technologists in engineering execution
- Drive resiliency, capacity verification, chaos monkey exercises, CI/CD, site protection, security and compliance for the conversation platform
- Lead by example, mentor the team and establish credibility through quality technical execution
- Be responsible for the growth of the Engineering team – including individuals’ career growth, skillset development, and hiring the right resources
- Provide architectural and design input, with ability to dive deep into technical details as required
- Provide mentorship on Engineering excellence with a lens on Continuous Improvement
- Interact with Product Development, Analytics, Technology and Data Science teams to coordinate and implement development activities
Who you are:
- Strong technical leadership background with ability to inspire and empower those around you
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in software development
- 3+ years in leading engineering teams with growing responsibility
- Ability to navigate a constantly evolving landscape, while handling multiple responsibilities
- Hands-on experience with development in AWS or other Cloud environments very helpful
- Curious about new technology and always looking to acquire new knowledge
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Strong business acumen is desired
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.