Senior Full Stack Engineer - Digital Platform
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
As part of the Digital Platform Team, you have a unique opportunity to develop real-time data solutions from an expansive event pipeline and access to cutting-edge technologies to solve problems of scale and speed.
- Work closely with product management to design and build scalable data services and web front-end interfaces.
- Develop RESTful API services enabling programmatic access to data products.
- Develop user interface components that create a crafted experience for web applications.
- Design and implement high-performance data models in NoSQL database technologies
- Dockerize apps and microservices for CI/CD deployment
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Develop and maintain high-quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Datadog, Qubole, and Jenkins
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Expertise developing in Java, Scala, or other JVM-based languages
- Strong understanding of OOP/OOD programming principles
- Experience includes building high performance, distributed systems, and solving web-scale data engineering challenges
- Proven technical lead using data technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Kafka
- Working knowledge of big data processing, data modelling, ETL, aggregation strategies, messaging, and performance optimization
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.