Senior Full Stack Engineer - Digital Platform
As part of the Digital Platform Team, you have a unique opportunity to develop real-time data solutions from an expansive event pipeline and access to cutting-edge technologies to solve problems of scale and speed.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with product management to design and build scalable data services and web front-end interfaces.
- Develop RESTful API services enabling programmatic access to data products.
- Develop user interface components that create a crafted experience for web applications.
- Design and implement high-performance data models in NoSQL database technologies
- Dockerize apps and microservices for CI/CD deployment
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Develop and maintain high-quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Datadog, Qubole, and Jenkins
Who you are:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Expertise developing in Java, Scala, or other JVM-based languages
- Strong understanding of OOP/OOD programming principles
- Experience includes building high performance, distributed systems, and solving web-scale data engineering challenges
- Proven technical lead using data technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Kafka
- Working knowledge of big data processing, data modelling, ETL, aggregation strategies, messaging, and performance optimization
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.