Hotwire is not your typical company. To start with, we’re a part of Expedia Group and have a portfolio of brands that include Expedia®, Vrbo, Hotels.com®, Venere.com™, Hotwire®, Egencia®, and more. We offer flights, hotels, cars, and packages to travelers around the world. As a start-up, we revolutionized the travel industry, forever changing the way people travel. In the years since that time, we have grown our business to include more than 140 branded travel sites in close to 70 countries across the globe.
Hotwire launched in 2000 with a creative proposition: our Hot Rate® Hotels, Hot Rate® Cars and Hot Rate® Flights offer travelers deep discounts if they wait to learn the name of the hotel until after they book and pay for it. Our team is looking at expanding our iOS App Team in Austin.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior iOS Software Engineer, you will take on the role of technical expert and team mentor. You will work to establish our iOS apps as premier offerings, while ensuring application performance and reliability and maintainable codebase contributions. You will work to gain a solid understanding of our user's needs, help define and prioritize new features, and offer constructive critiques of planned features. You will also ensure that the visual and UX design is up to spec, that the app size is efficient, and that iOS platform specific offerings are utilized for a truly native experience.
You will be involved in product feature development, and will be working in close partnership with our teams in SFO office. You will be responsible for mentoring the other members of the team and ensuring that the app architecture is scalable with shared UI components, a networking layer, and more allows us to achieve maximum velocity, democratize the development of our iOS apps, and move quickly into exciting new technology opportunities.
Who you are:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a great fit if you:
- Are a senior full-stack iOS engineer with experience in team mentoring
- Have experience in architecting, implementing, and maintaining complex mobile application
- Exhibit a respectful and empathetic tone, and exhibit a genuine concern for helping the team grow and develop as iOS engineers.
- Carefully evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Are willing to learn from everyone, communicate well, and strive to be an effective team member.
- Help lead the growth of our engineering team and shape the teams culture
- Are passionate about creating and refining high performance mobile apps
- Work with the Design team to hone in on the best UI and infrastructure practices
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
You will love this role if you’re looking for an environment:
- That challenges you to think deeply about software architectural choices
- That encourages you to invest time into your craft and self-improvement, including time for reading books and attending conferences
- Where the best tool for the job is the right tool for the job, and you’ll have the opportunity to influence these decisions
- Where design isn’t an afterthought
- Where calculated risk-taking is supported
- Where you are encouraged to fail fast
- Where processes exist only to help the team progress
- Where you have a tangible opportunity to impact peoples’ lives in a positive way
- Where diversity is valued, where empathy is offered, and where an individual’s needs are treated with utmost respect
Technologies we use:
- Xcode, Swift, git and GitHub, GraphQL, CocoaPods, RxSwift, Firebase, Figma
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Discounts and Services
- Fitness and wellness benefits
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.