Senior Software Engineer, Server Security at MongoDB
Join the MongoDB Server Security team, and help us protect all MongoDB users! Our team's responsibilities cover the aspects of security engineering required to operate the database in a safe and compliant fashion, such as TLS and X.509 certificate management, at rest data encryption, and the authentication and authorization systems.
Our team currently consists of approximately five engineers primarily located in New York City. We operate close to the bottom of the stack, and have a lot of influence over the safety and robustness of our open source database and a growing ecosystem of cloud services and client applications. Recently, we've added support for X.509 certificate revocation via the Online Certificate Status Protocol(OCSP), streamlined our authentication protocols to take place in fewer network round trips, and designed and implemented a mechanism for clients to authenticate with select third-party cloud API tokens.
Are you excited by the prospect of baking security into the lowest levels of a large scale distributed system? We are! Join us today, and we can make databases safer for everyone.
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features related to cryptography, security engineering, and compliance assurance, in a large feature-rich C++ codebase
- Assist fellow engineers in, and be an advocate for, writing secure well-reasoned industrial-strength software
- Work with other server engineers, client drivers, cloud services, support, consulting, training, and marketing teams to coordinate changes
- In three months, you’ll have contributed to a project slated for the next major version of the MongoDB server, as well as fixed a few bugs in a minor version of our latest stable release series
- In six months, we'll be relying on you for code reviews and reviewing the designs for new features
- In twelve months, you’re leading the development of a new major feature and are helping to mentor new engineers on the team
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*