Senior Software Engineer
We are in Austin, Texas building and maintaining InsightVM, the state of the art vulnerability solution and now we are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who can help us build the next generation features.
As a core member of the InsightVM engineering team, you will have the following opportunities to excel and grow in your career
- Participate in quarterly/yearly hackathons winning awesome prizes.
- Get nominated to represent Rapid7 at various security conferences like BSides, Blackhat, AWS, LASCON.
- Work on your own yearly projects with a team to earn mighty bonuses!
- Design and create web apps and its features, including dashboards, data exploration, workflows, admin and management, alerts and integration, and other aspects of the UI experience.
- Work with design teams and others on making the frontend powerful for the enterprise, but as simple as necessary for consumer facing products.
- Write automated tests and well documented code.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team to provide a powerful tool for defending web applications across the enterprise from attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Implement highly scalable SaaS solutions with high performing APIs and microservices.
- Participate in a team environment acting as an enabler and driving the team to success.
- Passion for implementing frontends for data-centric web applications1
- Expertise in building single-page apps using React (or similar)
- Experience in writing modular CSS and SASS.
- Experience in designing and maintaining REST/graphQL APIs
- Specialization in security is not required, but interest in security is vital
- 5+ years of experience in frontend and/or full-stack development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related), Master's preferred