Senior Software Engineer at Expedia Group
Senior Software Engineer
We believe that great change begins with individuals who are given the freedom to make a difference. Do you want to help our lodging partners to optimize the performance of their properties through engaging and meaningful web solutions built with state of art technologies? Do you want to work in a highly collaborative and friendly environment?
The Insights team is looking for smart and passionate software engineers to join our team to build a seamless coaching experience for lodging partners. We're looking for engineers with both front end and back end experience who are self-starters, and strong team players to solve technical problems. In this role you will design, implement and manage cloud based solutions that offer our partners the next generation of coaching capabilities to accelerate their business.
What you'll do:
- Bring 6+ years’ full stack software experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
- Draw on experience to lead technical designs and implementation of highly scalable and adaptable systems
- Mentor junior developers and help drive engineering maturity
- Write clean, solid, scalable and testable code utilizing expert-level skills in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
- Performance test and load test services that you'll write and optimize for performance and scalability
- Practice resilience engineering for every component you build and promote resilience within the team
- Use past-experience with Agile software development to help improve team execution
- Cloud DevOps – support and deploy your services
Who you are:
- Knowledge/experience of User Interfaces and Interaction Design.
- Knowledge of Java, ReactJS/NodeJS, Spring, Redis, Elastic Search, or other similar technologies
- Experience using patterns, algorithms and frameworks such as Spring MVC in Java or similar.
- Experience working with AWS/Cloud infrastructure.
- Focus on continuous improvement (e.g. continuous integration, continuous delivery, process automation, Lean/Agile methodologies)
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.