The database market is extensive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
With Realm we help mobile developers build better apps faster by giving them a powerful alternative to SQLite. The Realm is on-device object database is open-source and used by more than a hundred thousand active developers. Over 65% of Fortune 1000 companies rely on Realm in their apps.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have 3+ years of experience with building client-side applications
- Have a deep understanding of React Native and its core principles
- Have experience with C++ OR will be keen to pick it up
- Have a high interest in building libraries for other developers (and checking quality of your work with test automation)
- Want to participate in Open Source software development and communities
- Be an effective engineer and problem solver
- Write high quality (e.g. clean, well-tested) code
- Participate actively in the code review process
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and colleagues across the organisation
- Deliver tasks on-time, clearly, communicate challenges or roadblocks
The Software Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Know their way around each of the Realm SDKs and Sync code base
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Establish a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners
- Can communicate design decisions and trade-offs effectively while working with geographically distributed team
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.