The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Part of the MongoDB Developer Productivity team, the Build Infrastructure Team empowers our global community of engineers through our suite of automated build, test, and release systems. Our primary areas of responsibility are building and scaling the infrastructure for our homegrown CI system Evergreen and developer productivity tools, supporting release tools and systems, and researching and developing support for the many architectures and operating systems our release process supports.
We're looking for a Software Engineer who will help internal teams accelerate their software release cycles by automating tasks, and building tools and services for developers and release engineers to use.Position Expectations
- Design, develop and document custom tools to automate and streamline product development, and release processes using Python and Go
- Maintain and improve MongoDB release services and systems including package repositories, code signing, and package publishing
- Work with product management and internal customers to identify the needs and areas for improvement in SDLC and Release Management areas
- Build and maintain core platform-as-a-service technologies for the purposes of developer productivity tools
- Stay current on industry trends in build and release management
- Document tools and processes on MongoDB’s wiki and git repo readme
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with other engineers in requirements gathering, design, proof-of-concept demonstrations, implementation, and adoption.
- Experience creating services and tools that are frequently used by internal customers (preferably in Go and/or Python)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, or Github Actions (We use Evergreen-CI)
- Experience with package and code signing tools and methods (pgp, codesign, MacOS notarization, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with, and software release process required
- Passionate about DevOps, build and release, and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch-oriented workflows
- Knowledgeable of 3rd party build systems (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Technical: Accelerate the productivity and confidence in our software development lifecycle through infrastructure and platform engineering by improving internal services, implementing new features, and automating manual repetitive tasks.
- Ownership: Actively participates in requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Strive relentlessly to enable colleagues to be more successful
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.