Sr. Compute Cloud Engineer at Adobe
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
What you'll do
Areas of focus for this role include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the design, implementation, and administration of a Private Cloud Infrastructure.
- Code and test scripting and/or programming related to the automation and support of Cloud Infrastructure.
- Work closely with Engineering and Systems Reliability teams to deliver highly available systems.
- Assist in solving problems and resolving system outages or performance impact, and communicate findings for ongoing improvement.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, reliability, and scalability of the platform
- Work to achieve goals
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting compute platform and handle customer concern issues
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience or capability in the following areas:
- Experience with VMware is a must, preferably in a large enterprise environment. Virtualization technologies as KVM, and Xen are a plus.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef.
- Experience with scripting/programming languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell.
- Knowledge of software version control systems (e.g. Git) and release management process.
- Large Infrastructure System Administration - working with thousands of hosts and the practices that are required to support and scale Storage and Network infrastructures.
- Experience with designing, running, and/or consuming customer-facing cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Experience with IP networking capabilities in large production environments.
- Experience with Unix/Linux system administration.
- Understanding of the ITIL framework and concepts.
About our ideal candidate:
- Passionate about making things better, about using the newest technology to improve current processes
- Eager to learn about infrastructure operations. We want someone who does not have a preference for one tool but rather looks for the right tool for the job.
- Analytical with the ability to seek system problems, to assess/resolve system performance problems, and can seek situations looking for all the options and turning over every rock to find the best solution.
- Ability to turn design, compliance and support references/content into documentation, presentations and training
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work well with remote teams.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and execute tasks in a multi-functional team of developers and operations.
- Ability to handle time accurately, with commitments being communicated and then met.
- Understanding of broad business processes and how they work together to drive an organization's success.
- Able to think holistically and excel at systems thinking.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists (http://www.adobe.com/careers/awards.html). You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmL6uQZhYhw&list=UUlDSu3-Y4-BfI08784K-P4g&feature=share&index=1) approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog (http://blogs.adobe.com/adobelife/) and explore the meaningful benefits (http://benefits.adobe.com/) we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.