Sr. Engineering Manager at Expedia Group
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way, and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Group company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace. We're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway’s Booking Services team is looking for talented software engineers wanting to get involved in one of the most important and complex spaces in all of HomeAway. Our goal is to build out a world-class team of engineers, focused on developing customer centric eCommerce solutions for partners and travelers on the HomeAway marketplace. Together, building the future of HomeAway by solving complex business ideas with state of the art technology.
We are a services team, creating and maintaining large distributed systems globally at scale. As a member of the team, you will be at the forefront of our business strategy, building services that support the travel industry strategies that continue to expand our global marketplace. If you are customer centric, open minded engineer that enjoys working in a data-driven agile environment, this is the job for you!
Challenges you can work on:
As a technology leader, you will be working closely with our business partners, designing products to enable travelers to have a world-class eCommerce experience when booking through HomeAway. As a team, we will build highly performant services capable of booking millions of dollars an hour in near real time.
● Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable services that book millions of dollars each hour
● Develop features that will drive our business to be the leading global marketplace for travelers and property managers.
Technologies we use:
Java, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Mongo DB, S3, AWS, Lambdas, Docker, Dropwizard, Kafka, New Relic, Datadog, Terraform.
● BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
● 7+ years of professional, post-college, software development experience with Java.
● You have excellent communication skills with the ability to work well across multiple departments.
● Commit to vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
● Deploy to production daily using CI/CD, test services and feature flags.
● Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high-performance code for a distributed SOA environment.
● Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry best practices
● Work with product management and operations in an agile environment.
● Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Datadog, Sonar and Jenkins.
● Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
● Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences.
● Participate in our inner source culture (Internal Open Source).
● Competitive health and insurance benefits.
● Competitive salary
● Annual target bonus or commission
● Paid vacation and sick time
● Fitness and Travel benefits
● Employee Stock Purchase Program.
● Free snacks and beverages
● Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
● Free listing on HomeAway.com
● Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
● Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.