Staff Software Engineer, eCommerce Team
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and handle bookings online.
About our Ecommerce Technology Teams:
The offerings we craft give HomeAway Property Owners and Travelers the ability to book, pay for, and receive payment for, our 1+ million vacation rental properties and add-on products around the globe. We are solving hard problems with state of the art technologies, Agile practices and a strong belief in test driven development that allows us to deliver results that drive the business every single day.
HomeAway is looking for a talented Staff Software Development Engineer to join our Ecommerce Engineering Team. You will be working on state of the art technology to for the HomeAway’s 1 Million+ properties. The business opportunity is massive and requires technical talent with expertise in leading 24x7, high-scale, distributed systems amidst a lean/agile development & delivery environment where we aim to innovate for our customers, continuously.
Required areas of experience:
- You are the right fit if you have 9+ years of software development experience...
- 3+ years of experience leading & influencing high performance technology teams, by example.
- Deep expertise in high-scale internet, e-commerce services, service oriented architectures, and domain driven design
- Experience in large scale Design and Development
- Experience crafting complex server-side & client-side web applications
- Communication skills that allow you to articulate fluidly across all levels of the organization
- Coaching and mentoring experience for grooming a strong succession of talent
- Experience in data driven decision-making and multivariate testing to drive conversion
- You are a front-runner if high-scale consumer or b2b facing internet solutions are a strong part of your history
Benefits & Perks:
- Industry leading health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.