Commercial Finance Manager
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is seeking a Finance Manager to support our global retail organization and be part of our commercial finance team. This team is a part of the global Financial Planning & Analysis organization. This leadership role reports to the Director of Commercial Finance based in Austin, Texas. Commercial Finance leads financial planning for the retail business unit and provides data driven analytical insights, influencing faster and better business decisions.
- Provide leadership and oversight for a team of two to four analysts with varying levels of experience; manage the team to meet deliverables while developing professional growth opportunities for team members.
- Set the cadence for all aspects of the financial planning process (annual planning, quarterly forecasting, monthly outlooks, weekly pacing); work closely with other finance leaders, their teams, functional leaders and business teams to ensure alignment and completion of key deliverables.
- Produce executive level presentations to communicate financial results
- Proactively identify opportunities / risks (financial and business). Work with other finance team members and business partners to capture / mitigate.
- Lead key initiatives / projects within the finance organization. Set direction for execution and develop reporting to monitor and communicate progress. Lead and influence other cross functional team members in the process.
- Improve the operational cadence and processes of the Commercial Finance team. Identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiency (including systems / software).
- Comfortable with and demonstrated ability to thrive in a very fast paced environment and highly visible role where priorities are constantly shuffling, and speed without sacrificing data quality is the norm.
- Mature people leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to manage and accelerate high potential talent as well as effectively develop or address underperformers.
- Exceptionally strong process and structure. This role must bring financial process and structure to the global commercial finance organization.
- Executive presence is a must. The candidate must portray a strong presence and be very articulate (both verbally and in writing), concise, outspoken, yet respectful.
- Excellent at summarizing and then synthesizing large amounts of data (both quantitative and qualitative) into a distilled, executive level presentations.
- Ability to operate independently and to lead projects with limited oversight.
- Strong attention to detail - accuracy is a must.
- Exceptional communication skills. Experience presenting to and working with executive level leaders. The ability to influence direct staff, peers, and higher-level individuals.
- Sound judgement with the ability to independently make decisions.
You are a confident leader, comfortable with working and influencing in an ambitious organization where processes are not always well-defined due to the fast-paced business environment which requires agility. Despite the pace, this person needs to lead process, automation, scale and predictability in the solutions they drive. You will know how to analyze data to uncover trends and report on progress against critical deliverables. You are someone with an appetite for professional growth, development and real-time feedback along with a dedication to progress in the organization at HomeAway. Leading multiple priorities and the interests of multiple stake holders is a requirement. This person is effective working cross functionally, driving the business strategically and improving productivity and efficiency by connecting the dots across the functions of the team and business.
- Bachelors in Finance, Business, or Economics with 10+ years of progressive, related experience. An M.B.A. is desired but not required.
- Advanced modeling skills that span new "from scratch" initiatives as well as improving the efficiency and accuracy in existing models.
- Strong critical thinking skills, with an innate sense of curiosity, that is complimented by an aptitude for learning quickly
- Solid experience with financials ERPS or other OLAP based financial planning software such as Hyperion, Prophix, Adaptive, Cognos or Clarity.
- Track record of building solid partnerships with peers and executive level leaders. Ability to work effectively in team environments, particularly cross-functional teams, without sacrificing speed.
- Solid time management and multi-tasking abilities. Must be "plan-ful" and proactive in approach, given the complex and worldwide nature of our organization.
- Foundational understanding of US GAAP Accounting, particularly of revenue recognition.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."