Sr. Tax Analyst - Vrbo Global Indirect Tax
The Senior Analyst, Vrbo Global Indirect Tax, will support Vrbo’s growing Global Indirect Tax Operations Team. Vrbo is a brand of Expedia Group who is a U.S. based travel and technology company that owns and operates several domestic and international online travel brands that also include Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, trivago, Venere.com, Travelocity, and Orbitz.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate, prepare, and review the various domestic and international lodging tax returns utilizing technology solutions such as Alteryx, Tableau, etc.
- Apply your indirect tax knowledge to proactively identify, review, and implement changes that ensure the accuracy and completeness of Vrbo’s compliance obligations.
- Collaborate with other business groups to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure proper indirect tax obligations are addressed.
- Assist with the various global indirect sales and lodging tax returns with external service provider, utilizing technology solutions such as Alteryx, Tableau and UIPath to effectively manage large compliance data sets.
- May also perform indirect tax project work as required on a variety of business advisory, financial reporting, transactional tax data, and tax research and analysis projects.
- Actively engage in day to day activities to facilitate change for the better.
- Work as an integral part of the tax team.
Who you are:
- Excellent researching and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile tax data and learn from it.
- Base level understanding of indirect tax rules, regulations and concepts with the ability to apply rules and concepts to the various compliance processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to explain tax concepts to individuals who do not possess knowledge of tax compliance matters.
- Can manage multiple asks within a restrictive due date delivery timeframe.
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver.
- Strong team player willing to assist where needed.
- Thrives and desires to work in a dynamic work space and has ability and willingness to accept internal and external feedback and change course of action.
- Prefers to drive and/or adjust to change, not be complacent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in managing large data sets in Excel.
- Experience or a desire to learn basic SQL and Automation tools such as UIPath, Tableau and Alteryx.
- Have a collaborative and collegial professional demeanor.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA license or actively working towards attainment is a plus, but not required.
- Masters in tax or accounting is a plus, but not required.
- 3 to 6 years of tax experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm.
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.