At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare is growing our People & Places team. With over 1,000 employees in offices all around the world, we need a team player to help run our Benefits group within our Total Rewards organization. We need your expertise in both compensation and benefits to support our fast growth, ensuring our rewards are competitive within each market and aligned with our business goals and company values.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized and reliable Benefits Analyst to join our Total Rewards team. As a benefits analyst, you will be responsible for US-based employee benefit programs. The Benefits Analyst must enjoy helping employees and have great knowledge of benefits regulations. Success in the role will require a self-starter with a passion for working with a wide array of people and personalities, while able to administer the back-end functions of benefits. As our benefits plans play an important role in our employee’s experience, your role will be extremely important to us.
What you'll do
- Administer group benefits programs such as health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, workers comp, travel and accident, 401(k) retirement and other plans
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state legal requirements for qualified plans including plan documents, summary plan descriptions, vendor contracts, policy manuals, compliance testing, audits, and government filings.
- Manage enrollments and determine employee eligibility
- Administer COBRA qualifying events, ensuring compliance
- Respond to and ensure resolution of employee questions about benefit plans and processes
- Complete benefit plan audits and reconciliations, working across departments
- Collaborate in creating and delivering benefits communications, including new employee orientation, open enrollment and other initiatives
- Facilitate wellness programs and committees
- Work with management and employees to process and support all leaves of absence including FMLA, ADA, medical, parental, etc.
Examples of desirable skills knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of directly applicable benefits administration experience
- Experience with Workday benefits management system a plus
- International experience a plus
- Knowledge of pertinent benefits-related federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain discretion
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.