Head of Career Development at Atlassian
Are you passionate about empowering leaders and managers to lead change, build high performing teams and help Atlassian scale and transform? Have you had success shaping strategies for growing and retaining critical and diverse talent? Are you an experienced portfolio leader who brings a customer mindset and an agile, pragmatic approach to delivering multiple cross-functional talent solutions? Are you a thought leader across career development, internal mobility and talent management? If yes, we'd love to speak with you about an exciting opportunity to join the Atlassian Talent Team!
We are seeking a strategic, creative, outcome oriented Talent Lead to help build our career development and career mobility programs.
In this role you will:
- Own and drive the full portfolio of work across career development and internal career mobility
- Partner with Atlassian leaders, the talent team, the broader people team and beyond to translate organizational goals and customer insights into impactful talent programs and priorities
- Design, deliver, and measure end to end Talent programs and products that meet customer needs, solve customer challenges and deliver value to Atlassian.
- Identify and proactively manage change impacts to customers and stakeholders
- Lead and grow a team of Talent Specialists
- Provide thought leadership across the portfolio, including best-in-class approaches to career development, internal movement across the talent lifecycle (Get, Know, Grow, Flow, Engage)
- Leverage data and analytics to drive continuous improvement of the portfolio and to share a powerful narrative with key stakeholders on progress, outcomes and risk
- Keep current on the latest thinking, emerging research and industry practices
This is a visible, high-energy role with a number of critical stakeholders. To keep pace with Atlassian's lightning-speed, you'll need the following:
- At least 10+ years of Talent Management, plus experience being a trusted advisor to the business to accelerate leadership and organizational effectiveness
- Strong program management expertise with solid experience creating innovative and connected career development strategies that enable a team-based, global workforce
- Highly collaborative approach with the ability to quickly build strong and trusted relationships across all different levels and business functions
- Customer mindset with the ability to set a strategic vision and drive large-scale programs to deliver on that vision
- Energy to get things done and willingness to jump from strategy to development to change management, and back again!
- Strong people manager capability, with experience leading talented and highly driven team members
- Excellent business storytelling skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to translate "HR speak" and data insights into an accessible narrative
- Strong executive presence; ability to work with senior leaders and executive team
More about our team:
We are growing rapidly so you will enjoy working in a fast-paced fun environment with people on the same mission: Making Atlassian the ultimate team. We take pride in playing as a team and contributing to the success of the company by supporting our most important asset: our people. You'll sit on the Talent team, where we design processes, programs and tools that help Atlassians get, know, grow, flow and engage awesome talent. You'll work directly with HR Business Partners, our Centers of Excellence, the People Leadership Team, and cross-functional Atlassian teams.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .