HR Generalist (HRIS/Payroll/Benefits) at AlertMedia
AlertMedia is seeking a HR Generalist (HRIS/Payroll/Benefits) to join our People team in making AlertMedia a place where employees are engaged and set up for success in order to do their best work. You will partner with our HR Manager to deliver a world-class HR experience from the time a new hire joins us throughout their career at AlertMedia with a focus on supporting and retaining our amazing talent. Your focus will lie in HRIS ownership, Payroll, Benefits Administration and Compliance.
Who you are:
You have a well-rounded HR experience and would consider yourself a flexible, adaptable and proactive team player. You enjoy supporting others and have employee experience at the forefront of your decisions while also being discerning as to what is best for the business. You excel in the details and enjoy the operational aspects of HR with experience managing benefits administration, accurately running payroll and ensuring compliance where necessary. You have the ability to run detailed reports behind the scenes while maintaining a customer service focus and an approachable demeanor. You enjoy being a part of a "we're all in this together" team and are willing to jump in and help out wherever needed.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Maintain Paycom HRIS; serve as expert and ensure data integrity, including personnel changes, manager access and providing training and support to end users
- Ensure product configuration and implementation of Paycom is optimized, business processes are efficient, and the user experience is as seamless as possible
- Improve on existing Paycom business processes and supporting module elements, HR, Employee and Manager Self Service, Compensation, Benefits, Performance, Advanced Compensation, HR Service Portal and related business processes
- Help develop and improve existing processes and modules; explore additions and/or integrations for efficiency
- Own all HR reporting metrics and assist leaders with ad hoc reporting needs
- Collaborate and provide necessary HR support for other departments and outside 3rd party vendors
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures regarding HRIS and related issues with a less is more approach
- Process semi-monthly payroll accurately and timely
- Provide compensation support including approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling
- Own and manage scheduling function within Paycom for 24/7 team members
- Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Oversee compliance based projects and work cross functionally to complete, such as EEO-1, 5500s, nondiscrimination testing, training, and more
- Keep up to date on changing federal, state, and local HR and payroll laws
- Design and administration of annual benefits and perks including employee education and support
- Act as a trusted and helpful HR resource for employees, with a high level of discretion
- 3+ years broad HR experience, preferably in a startup or fast paced environment
- 2+ years payroll processing experience
- 2+ years benefits administration experience
- 1+ years Paycom experience; HRIS or payroll system conversion experience a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, scaling organization with the ability to share how you scaled your function to support this growth
- HR Certification a plus
- Self-starter and team player, willing to jump in on all projects as needed
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in payroll, compensation, benefits, immigration and employment law best
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and prioritization skills, with a commitment to providing outstanding support to all employees
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 4 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.