Payroll Specialist at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
Our payroll and accounting team is expanding and we are seeking driven, detail-oriented Payroll Specialist to join our team in our corporate headquarters in Sunnyvale! You are a team player and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure our US and Canadian payroll is processed on a timely and accurate basis, as well as overseeing all payroll related activities and special projects. You enjoy a fast-paced and fulfilling environment and thrive on maintaining accurate employee data in our internal systems, tracking and reporting on key payroll metrics, and ensuring all governmental reporting is submitted accurately and on time.
- Accurate year-end payroll and W-2 processing
- Inquiry resolution and follow up to ensure all payroll processing related controls and narratives are kept up to date and accurately represent current best practices
- Continuously identifying and developing solutions for process improvements and efficiency that will improve overall operations and productivity
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required
- 7+ years experience processing payroll in a fast-paced, preferably high tech environment
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now payroll software platform
- Extensive regulatory payroll knowledge
- Experience with garnishments, and tax forms
- Ability to think outside the box, work independently with general supervision, while at the same time being a team player, and willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require.
- Must demonstrate strong time management, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- Commitment to customer service with a strong sense of ownership for projects and results
- Self-motivated, and have the ability to work within tight deadlines, and be able to adapt to changing priorities
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP functions, etc.) a Plus.
- Workday experience a Plus.
- High-tech, start-up, rapid growth and/or publicly traded company experience.
- You must love our business. CrowdStrike is a leader in cybersecurity. We don’t have a mission statement. We are on a mission to protect our customers from breaches. You must be genuinely committed to our mission and eager to learn the details of our business
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.