People Operations Manager
Your challenge, should you choose to accept:
We are looking for a people operations manager to join our Austin team. You will facilitate the first interactions that candidates, new hires, vendors, and visitors have with our company. You’ll set the tone of the office and you don’t take that charge lightly. You are ultra-helpful, kind, and people oriented.
This is an exciting role for someone looking to grow in the field of HR and/or People Operations.
- Own and execute the onboarding of new hires ensuring they have what they need for a successful introduction to Adia.
- Write and edit job descriptions ensuring that we get top-notch applicants.
- Manage the candidate pipeline conducting first round phone screens and facilitating the interview process in collaboration with hiring managers.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience by replying to all candidates whether we’re moving forward with their application or not.
- Manage the Austin office keeping it clean, organized, and stocked full of helpful supplies and healthy, tasty snacks.
- Plan and organize fun engagements for the team whether that’s an onsite happy hour or an offsite field trip, you bring the fun.
- Be an open ear for employees providing a space for team members to discuss concerns and celebrate their wins.
- Assist country manager in reconciling corporate credit card and other ad hoc projects.
- Own our office hunt, we’re moving soon and need to find our next office. Like house hunters but better!
- Maintain awareness of office and employee needs, creating a space where people can do the best work of their lives.
- Develop and implement cultural initiatives like encouraging our new core values and penning an employee handbook.
What you bring to the table:
- You have a helpful attitude and love supporting other people in their work.
- You are high energy, bringing fun and positivity to all of your interactions and professional relationships.
- You possess the ability to walk people through complex processes with ease and humor.
- You are a trusted partner with the ability to be discreet about private matters like compensation and employment status.
- You are persistent, pragmatic and rational – facts beat speculation.
- You have experience working in startups and/or successful entrepreneurial adventures. You’ve been in fast-paced environments and, in fact, prefer them.
- You have 3-5 years of experience building our HR/People Operations processes.
- You are comfortable taking ambiguous direction and turning out meaningful results.
- You are an exceptional communicator; people can listen to you talk for hours.
- You are the ultimate people person; you understand that people are an organization’s greatest asset.
Adia is a fast-growing, hard-working, curious (like Alice in Wonderland curious) organization that strives for improvement every day. We are open and honest, using our big brains to build a great product and not overgrown egos. We’re an early player in the HRtech space and that brings feelings of excitement and purpose to our work. If you’re looking for a place that will help you uncover your best working self and give you hands-on experience in way more than your job title alludes to, we may be the right team for you. We push ourselves and pull each other to be better than we were yesterday.
We have an incredible future ahead of us, and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey toward it.
Still here? Apply now.