Recruiting Manager, Defense at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Recruiting Manager (Defense) that will manage a team of ~10 Recruiters and will be responsible for the overall execution of recruiting within the Construction and Defense verticals. Our ideal candidate is experienced in building teams, performance management, and process optimization.
The Marketplace Operations team at Workrise is responsible for matching workers with jobs across all of our end-markets: oil & gas, solar, wind, construction and defense. Come join our talented team to support these exciting and growing industries!
What you’ll be doing:
- Manages a team of up to 10 recruiters who are responsible for sourcing, qualifying and matching workers with demand opportunities.
- Works effectively with relevant stakeholders within Sales, Operations and Product teams to maximize execution rate & on time delivery of suppliers. This includes implementing process improvements and technological enhancements to our workflows & product.
- Develops reporting and dashboards to quantify and track team performance. Leverages metrics and data to continuously drive operational efficiency and quality of execution. Leverages cross-functional partners as necessary to create this reporting.
- Meets or exceeds operational KPIs for recruiting by optimizing resource planning and effectively managing the performance of team members
- Understands and drives best practices for tools and platforms used to recruit and communicate with potential candidates (e.g. applicant tracking system, mass texting, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains effective and up to date documentation of all core processes supported by the team
- Leverages said process documentation to create and continuously iterate on a training program for team members that spans new hire training as well as continuous skill development
- Facilitates training for new team members or external stakeholders as required to ensure smooth operations
- Drives cost efficiency by ensuring the successful off-loading of all high-volume, low complexity tasks to BPO (providing training, documentation and support to ensure a seamless transition of work).
- Maintains a holistic operational awareness of the needs of other recruiting teams across Energy, Construction and Defense and loans resources as required to ensure the overall success of the recruiting function
- Partners effectively with the product team to influence future features and functionality
What you should have:
- 3-5 years experience as an operational leader; experience with scaling teams & businesses preferred
- 3-5+ years of people management experience
- 1-3+ years experience as a recruiter, preferred not required
- Demonstrated success collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders in order to achieve business objectives
- Experience leveraging quantitative and qualitative inputs to drive individual and team performance
- Experience leveraging data to identify process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop individual contributors toward sustained levels of increased performance
- Experience leading through change management initiatives
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.