Global Partner Success Intern
Are you someone that loves working with data, building and maintaining models, reports and solving challenges? Are you passionate about data-driven decisions based on substantial analysis? HomeAway is looking for a dynamic intern for the Global Partner Success Operations (GPSO) team, to dive in and provide expertise in tools and technology, attainment, commissions calculations & quota setting modeling. This intern will work closely with all GPSO team members and the Senior Manager, Global Partner Success Operations. We expect to find a dynamic individual that is eager to learn new ways but also to chip in to the process. It is fair to say that the stakes and deliverables are high.
The GPSO team is self-sufficient, has high energy, and utilizes an agile methodology approach to business challenges. Since the responsibility is immense, the organization implements regular peer reviews and partnerships with other business units to deliver excellent and accurate work. Feedback and retrospectives are a crucial input to our process to improve and continuously refine our work product. We strive towards mastery as we use the scientific mindset to make decisions and define the path to move forward towards constant improvement.
The culture we champion is based on collaboration, cross-functionality, and openness. We strive to deliver excellent work while maintaining a fun work environment. We strive towards a deep understanding of the subject matter in hand. Finally, we are a team that makes the impossible possible.
What you'll do:
- You will be responsible for acquiring business knowledge at a fast pace to be able to connect the dots across projects and organizations. You will serve as a liaison and problem solver.
- We expect you to take ownership of your work and the tasks that are assigned to you. We expect engagement, participation, and passion for the job in front of you.
- You will lay out current process maps and document.
- You will analyze these processes and deliver opportunities for improvements.
- You will need to get familiar with Agile and Jira to succeed at your internship.
- You will need to write complete user stories for technology enhancements and be able to communicate the desired output. Verbal and written communication skills are required to succeed in this role.
- You will experience what work is on a tier one technology company in a growing industry segment.
- You will learn what agility is about in the technology world and about CRM, ERP, databases, and visualization tools.
Who you are:
- You are currently pursuing an MBA or Master's in Industrial Engineering, Organizational Management or a related field.
- You have proven experience and strength with Excel, SQL, PowerPoint.
- You have proven experience with Jira or a similar ticketing system or can learn the system quickly.
- You want to experience a fast paced sales environment with complex data and methods.
- You are outgoing and love to work on collaborative teams.
- You show high attention to detail.
- You are very self-motivated and excited about working in a sales environment.
- You have strong organizational skills, time management, and the ability to multi-task.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Discounted rail and bus passes
- Free drinks and snacks
- Electronic, adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
This role is part of HomeAway University which starts June 3, 2019 and lasts for 11 weeks. Learn more about our HomeAway University training program here: https://www.homeaway.com/careers/university
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.