Assistant General Counsel, Litigation at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring an Assistant General Counsel, Litigation that will be responsible for working with stakeholders across the organization to protect the company’s interests. The Assistant General Counsel, Litigation will assist and manage all stages of litigation, arbitration, and mediation. As many litigation matters are handled by our in-house team, we are looking for someone who loves to litigate and try cases. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is motivated, autonomous, organized, and assertive.
Why Join us? Our twelve-person Legal team at Workrise supports a company with over 700 corporate employees and thousands of skilled tradespeople who work in the field. Supporting those skilled tradespeople by ensuring that Workrise resolves disputes with its clients and that its interests are protected is a matter of passion and pride for our team. As a team, we advise and counsel business stakeholders and participate in matters ranging from equity raises to incoming litigation. Workrise is a dynamic and fast moving corporate environment that keeps us engaged and also allows for balance.What you’ll be doing:
- Perform all phases of discovery, motion practice, ADR and other pretrial and trial preparation
- Will assist with all stages of litigation, arbitration, appeals and mediation
- Take and defend depositions
- Respond to subpoena requests and demand letters
- Draft and conduct research for briefs and motions
- Draft litigation hold notices
- Coordinating with and supervising outside counsel
- Draft and file petitions or complaints and answers in state and federal litigation and arbitration
- Assist with proactively drafting and implementing organizational policies and procedures
- Provide practical legal advice and support to various stakeholders across the business
- Work collaboratively with other members of the legal team
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar (Texas bar membership strongly preferred)
- 3-6 years of nationally recognized big firm litigation experience or similar experience working on sophisticated, complex litigation matters
- Substantive experience with motion practice, conducting discovery, taking and defending depositions, and arguing motions
- Experience with class action lawsuits preferred
- Federal District Court or Appellate clerkship(s) a plus
- Ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment
- Superior analytical, writing, oral communication, research, investigatory, advocacy, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple tasks and with a variety of stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Exceptional judgment when weighing both legal and business risk
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!