Assistant General Counsel
We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 850,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education stipend
The Assistant General Counsel role
The Assistant General Counsel is a highly strategic role responsible for developing and negotiating customer and vendor contracts, SaaS and IaaS agreements, data processing agreements, and master services agreements. You will make an impact by influencing business decisions and collaborating cross functionally across different departments within A Cloud Guru.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Provide training and legal advice on contract and risk management
- Create and facilitate processes for efficient transactions
- Manage outside counsel (locally and globally) and leverage them for drafting, negotiations and counsel as needed
- Work collaboratively with data privacy and IT team and local external legal counsel in the development, implementation and maintenance of ACG’s global data protection program
We are looking for someone who can:
- Apply practical, legal, institutional and commercial judgement to ambiguous situations
- Work with an international team spread across the US, EU and Australia with sales penetrating virtually all geographical territories
- Be detail-oriented, but with ability to see the big picture
- Develop and negotiate customer and vendor contracts, SaaS and IaaS agreements, data processing agreements, master services agreements, licenses, lease agreements, employment agreements and other agreements and policies
- Support a large group of internal clients that require quick but carefully reasoned legal and commercial judgement
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of major projects, deals and goals of the company
- Counsel other departments and management with interdisciplinary legal advice
If you have the following experience we'd love to hear from you!
- Law degree from a top law school, with demonstrated academic performance
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Minimum 6 years of legal experience including corporate and technology transactions, regulatory counseling, and commercial and technology contract and license negotiation
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- A strong understanding of data privacy/protection laws and regulations (including GDPR and PIPEDA) and monitor changes in regulations related to data privacy globally (including US, Canada, EU and Asia/Pacific) and provide counsel regarding implications of the same for Company and its policies, internal procedures and contracts
- Experience working in a start-up, SaaS experience preferred
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.