Commercial Counsel - Outbound Agreements at Atlassian
We're looking for a talented commercial transactions attorney to join our Go-To-Market Legal team! As a member of this team, you will draft and negotiate a variety of outbound contracts, including agreements with enterprise customers and channel partners. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and support strategic transactions for Atlassian.
Per our TEAM Anywhere policy, we are open to hiring the right candidate anywhere within the United States.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Become a member of our growing team of individuals in our Legal team supporting Atlassian's Go-To-Market team
- Provide pragmatic, business-minded guidance on contract-related issues. We're not looking for academic analysis!
- Partner with our Go-To-Market team, as well as our privacy, security, finance and product teams, to drive customer deals to execution and design scalable processes for implementation
- Negotiate enterprise cloud and license agreements for Atlassian's products and services
- Develop support materials and provide trainings to educate our direct sales and channel teams on contract terms and other legal issues
- Assist with special projects as needed, including projects focused on improving legal processes
- You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and get things done.
- You build relationships with business stakeholders to strengthen the connection between our team and the business.
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with customers, seeking to find a path forward that balances company risk and customer needs.
- You enjoy getting deals done, while managing customer risk.
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe.
- You have a strong understanding of software technology and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends.
- You think creatively beyond the "legal" box to generate possible solutions and options for the business, clearly articulating risk-based recommendations.
- You effectively communicate with the business and customers to help them understand and follow the rules and parameters imposed by laws.
- Qualification to practice law in your local jurisdiction.
- 3+ years of experience handing contract negotiations. Experience negotiating outbound SaaS contracts is strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle data protection topics and revenue recognition issues in connection with commercial contracts.
- Passion for understanding our customers, products, culture, and business model.
- Excellent judgment and strong communication skills.
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Willingness to handle new areas of responsibility.
More about you:
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .