Director of Legal - West Coast
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced (7 or more years) and practical software licensing lawyer who has experience with e-commerce and/or developer software/SaaS programs and wants to dive in to all aspects of commercial activity – negotiating and closing complex customer, channel, and business development agreements. The role will also help support all legal functions within a fast paced and rapidly growing technology company.
What You’ll Need
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from an accredited U.S. Law School.
- Active admission to a State Bar.
- 7-15 years of experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, with strong attention to detail. A combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred.
- Significant experience relating to software licensing for cloud-based providers, including integration with partner products and applications, and professional services transactions
- Solid understanding of legal, business and operational issues related to developer programs, online stores, and e-commerce transactions for vendors, customers, developers, software providers, and store owners.
- Experience with drafting and negotiating data privacy and data security documents
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, team-oriented mentality and a sense of humor.
- Our legal team is completely distributed. Therefore, you must be able to thrive working remotely from home. Ideally you are located on the West Coast, but for the ideal candidate we may consider other locations in the United States.
- You must love our business. CrowdStrike is a leader in cybersecurity. We don’t have a mission statement. We are on a mission to protect our customers from breaches. You must be genuinely committed to our mission and eager to learn the details of our business.
While commercial agreements will be a primary focus of this role, experience in any of the following areas will be a bonus:
- Experience supporting sales directly to consumers.
- Experience working with a highly distributed work force.
- Experience working in a startup environment or in cybersecurity.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.