Billd is an exciting new FinTech company transforming the way commercial construction contractors do business. Billd is well-funded, has its product in the market, and has been recently featured in VentureBeat, Austin Business Journal, and Modern Contractor Solutions as one of the innovation leaders in this space.
We believe in attracting and hiring the best and brightest. We are looking for talented, motivated professionals to join our growing team. At Billd, you will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career.
Interested in what our teammates and customers have to say about Billd? Feel free to check out our 4.6 star Glassdoor rating and 4.8 Trust Pilot rating .
Billd is looking for a self-directed and experienced Legal Assistant to support the Director of Legal Operations of Billd. You would be the second hire in Billd's Legal Department. You will report directly to the Director of Legal Operations, but will also be required to work with Billd's Lien/Bond Claims, Financial Operations, and Collections Teams.
What You'll Do
- Keep up to speed on the status of all pre-litigation and litigation matters
- Maintain Director of Legal Operations' calendar of important deadlines, meetings, and events
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize based on urgency
- Attend meetings and take detailed notes on ideas, questions, concerns, and action items for Legal Department
- Create and maintain an organized filing system for legal documents both in physical and digital format
- Assist legal counsel in preparing and sending certified mailings
- Coordinate and communicate with outside counsel to provide documents for pre- litigation case assessment, discovery, etc.
- Infrequent travel may be requested
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal Certification required, with limited exceptions
- 3+ years' experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal at a civil law firm required
- Experience and/or desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) is required
- Experience with SalesForce is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- There is a strong preference for those with prior experience with business litigation, commercial collections matters, and/or construction law.
- Must exhibit strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills, and an analytical mindset.
- Must be willing and able to work Monday through Friday, from approximately 8:30 am to5:30pm.
Those with criminal or personal injury law experience only should not apply
Billd is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description