Privacy and Product Counsel - Partnerships at Atlassian
We're looking for a talented Privacy & Product Counsel to join our collaborative legal team at Atlassian! In this role you will have the opportunity to advise our product and partnership teams to resolve privacy issues at scale. This role is a unique opportunity to collaborate with Product and Partnership leaders at Atlassian in developing how Atlassian engages and its global partners and builds an engaging customer first partner ecosystem
In this role, you'll get to:
- Become an integral member of our growing team of individuals supporting Atlassian's product and partnership work within our Privacy team
- Counsel on and design a scalable privacy processes for an evolving partnership model
- Support efforts to build trustworthy, data privacy-conscious products our customers love
- Provide guidance on compliance with global privacy and data security laws, regulations and industry standards. Be comfortable with uncertainty and iterative processes
- Partner with the business (engineering, product, trust, etc.) on global privacy-related initiatives
- Engage with the privacy legal community to understand evolving issues and to help Atlassian provide an industry-leading privacy program for our customers and stakeholders
- You enjoy supporting product and partnership teams, addressing complex privacy considerations in partnership ecosystems
- You build relationships with business stakeholders to strengthen the connection between our team and the business
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe
- You have a strong understanding of software technology and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends
- You're keenly aware of product, privacy and data protection issues that our users - end users, organization administrators, developers, enterprise customers, or consumers - are likely focused on when considering or using our products
- You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and get things done
- You think creatively beyond the "legal" box to generate possible solutions and options for the business, clearly articulating risk-based recommendations
- You effectively communicate with the business and customers to help them understand and follow the rules and parameters imposed by laws
- Qualified to practice law in your local jurisdiction
- 5 + years practicing law
- Experience working with partner teams on privacy issues
- Passion to understand our customers, products, culture, and business model
- Deep knowledge of applicable privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new business and technology concepts
More about you:
On your first day, we expect you to have:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.