Procurement Contracts Senior Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Cloudflare’s P2P department is housed within the Finance team, but our reach is global, supporting thousands of purchases across our global offices per quarter. We use an integrated platform for purchase-order based procurements, and a contract management and collaboration tool for those procurements that requires negotiated, signed contracts. We interact daily with stakeholders from Finance, Commercial Legal, Privacy, Security, and IT to get critical purchases over the line. The majority of our purchases involve technology and internet infrastructure, so we make sure we are familiar with industry trends and challenges that our internal customers need us to stay on top of. Our team is responsible for setting policies, defining new processes, and ensuring that the procurement function aligns to Cloudflare’s long-term strategic vision and goals. We are a small and growing team, presenting lots of opportunity for professional growth and visibility across multiple divisions.What you'll do
Cloudflare’s Contracts Manager will manage the end-to-end contracting process including sourcing, negotiations, contract management, contract administration, and supplier relationship management functions across all business segments within Cloudflare. Because we are growing, applicants should anticipate that this role may evolve over time. This person will be the internal point of contact for key business functions such as contracts, RFPs, and projects. They will work closely with the Sourcing and Commercial Legal team. The role reports to the Head of Procurement. The position is based in Austin and frequent communication with our other offices will be required.
Who You Are:
We are looking for business-driven, experienced contracts professionals who love KPIs, are strong collaborators, can draft a redline as well as an RFP, and who bring relentless attention to detail. We are seeking an experienced procurement professional who can manage the end-to-end process from planning to signature through post-signature contract reviews and vendor performance management. The ideal candidate for this role is a proactive problem solver, fearless, approachable, and adaptable. You enjoy spreadsheets, seek out metrics to maximize value, and exercise judgment and operate independently.
- Contract Development and Management (Negotiation)
- Develops Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quote (RFQ), Requests for Information (RFI)
- Reviews and represents the institution in negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Facilitates communication with contracting parties when not fulfilling contractual obligations
- Creates, negotiates, and incorporates contract amendments, renegotiating the contract, if required, to accommodate scope changes
- Research contractual and operational matters
- Resolves issues related to budget for greater complexity and/or broader scope contracts
- Handles settle and resolve differences with vendors and stakeholders in contract negotiation discussions
- Evaluates contract compliance and advises others on contractual rights and obligations
- Approves amendments to contract value and terms of the agreement
- Participates in negotiation strategy discussions with legal representatives and/or customers
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Industry knowledge base in SaaS business models, internet infrastructure, OEM suppliers, media and marketing tools is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related concentration
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in a Legal, and/or Sourcing function (or combination).
- Experience within a global procurement department for technology services company highly desirable
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Highly skilled in contract drafting, redlining, and negotiation with an advanced understanding of standard commercial contract terms
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating collaboration by cultivating relationships and communicating with cross-functional partners
- Ability to prioritize requests and communicate effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Ironclad, or similar CLM software is desired but not required
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.