Security Compliance Privacy Specialist
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Security Compliance is seen as a critical business function at Cloudflare. Compliance certifications allow our customers to be confident in the security and privacy of our products, while also providing frameworks for well-tuned information security management systems and programs. These standards provide clarity to Cloudflare’s teams on how to incorporate security principles in the management of systems, the development of products, and the expansion of our business footprint.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly scaling and world class security organization within a billion dollar business. You will join as a member specializing in Privacy Compliance. This team is part of Security Compliance and is part of the greater Security Team under Cloudflare’s Chief Security Officer.
We guarantee that you will be challenged and have room for growth on our team!
What you'll do
- Interpret new and existing privacy regulations and standards into easy to understand requirements that the business can implement
- Develop a privacy by design framework that includes evaluating new technologies, programs, and systems and conducting privacy impact assessments, creating policies, processes, and controls accordingly
- Develop, maintain, and map internal controls related to privacy frameworks to the overall common control framework
- Confidently communicate to customers about the privacy program, our privacy validations (EU-US/Swiss-US Privacy Shield, etc.), privacy notices, and data processing agreement
- Work to integrate lessons from compliance into the business’s security program
- Have input into the overall security compliance strategy
- Help guide our overall security policy and governance architecture
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 3-6 years working in Privacy and Technology Risk
- Experience with regional requirements throughout North America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe (e.g. CCPA, GDPR, Canadian Privacy Laws, Australian Privacy Act)
- Familiarity with security and privacy standards such as HIPAA, ISO 27018
- Have an understanding of EU-US/Swiss-US Privacy Shield, APEC CBPR, APEC PRP, Privacy Mark System, etc.
- CISSP, CIPP, CIPM, CIPT is a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to speak another language is a plus (Frech, German, Spanish)
- Some travel may be required to engage with regulators and auditors
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.