Senior Privacy and Product Counsel - Incident Management at Atlassian
We're looking for a talented Senior Privacy & Product Counsel to join our dynamic and collaborative legal team at Atlassian! You'll be joining a growing team of privacy professionals helping build a program that puts fundamental rights first, builds customer trust, and leads our industry on privacy and social impact.
Like our customers, we use Atlassian products to collaborate asynchronously with global teams. We believe in open work, leading with kindness and empathy, and delivering thought leadership beyond what's required for "minimum legal compliance". It helps to bring a growth mindset, a desire to use and understand our products, intellectual curiosity, and a thirst for innovation!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Lead a team of attorneys who review and coordinate potential privacy or data security incidents, including investigations, notifications, and other resolution efforts
- Help strengthen Atlassian's privacy program by enhancing our incident management practices
- Collaborate with our Trust Team to build tools, processes, and automations to accelerate issue spotting, triage, escalation, and reporting
- Partner with a diverse group of leaders across Atlassian (in engineering, product, compliance, security, marketing, sales, etc.) on global privacy related initiatives
- Offer advice to teams working on global marketing programs, initiatives, and content
- Support efforts to build trustworthy, data privacy-conscious products our customers love
- Creatively build upon and drive awareness around privacy and data protection issues, including developing and delivering training
- Engage with the privacy legal community and partner with Privacy Team leadership to understand evolving issues, develop team strategy, and to help Atlassian provide an industry-leading privacy program for our customers and colleagues
- You have a a solid understanding of global privacy and data protection law and trends
- You're a fan of SaaS and cloud services, and are aware of industry trends
- You're passionate about the privacy and data protection issues that our users - end users, organization administrators, developers, enterprise customers, or consumers - care about
- You think creatively beyond the "legal" box to offer solutions, clearly articulating ethical and risk-based recommendations
- You take initiative to learn new laws, technologies, and business strategies
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe
- You build relationships which strengthen the connection between legal and partner teams
- Necessary qualifications to practice law in your local jurisdiction
- 6+ years practicing law
- CIPP certification
- Passion to understand our customers, products, culture, and business model
- Deep knowledge of applicable privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, etc.)
- Extensive experience working to resolve privacy incidents, with a bias to developing customer-centric solutions and positive relationships with regulatory agencies
- Practical experience and deep understanding of global marketing laws (e.g. in the USA, Australia, Canada, and the EU - especially Germany) and B2B SaaS company marketing programs, including consent collection, opt-out requirements, and potential impact to business reputation and customer trust
- A knack for distilling complex legal and technical concepts into clear language
- Strong judgment, intellectual curiosity, and a moral compass that takes your understanding, work product, and client relationships to the next level
- Demonstrated growth mindset and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and remote-friendly workplace
More About You:
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .