Account Director, PR, Pharma at Real Chemistry (Remote)
It's not every day we have a chance to make the world a healthier place—but here, it’s our way of life. Idealistic? Maybe. Deeply pragmatic? Always. Real Chemistry is a global health innovation company that has carved out its space at the intersection between healthcare, marketing and communications, tech, and the people at the heart of it all. It’s with a great sense of purpose that we work together with brave health and wellness companies to create and inspire healthier, happier, and longer lives. It’s our passion. And if you’re still reading, we’re guessing it might be yours too. We are looking to add to our alchemic mix of more than 2,000 talented professionals. At Real Chemistry, we don’t just wish the world was healthier. We leverage tech, data and creativity to make it so. You in?
The Account Director is responsible for client relationships and serves as a trusted partner to clients. The ideal candidate for this role has a stellar client services reputation and is passionate about health care and digital health. In addition to leading client engagements, they will manage and galvanize cross-functional team members to think smarter, work effectively, drive innovative and integrated solutions, and deliver groundbreaking results and client satisfaction.
• Develop and maintain productive client relationships to ensure that
recommendations and results surpass client expectations.
• Initiate ongoing communication with clients to manage expectations; ensure
staffing resources and performance expectations are met; provide strategic
• Contribute to overall client financial management; establish and meet internal
client revenue targets.
• Provide proactive counsel on research findings, the external marketplace,
competitive pressures and brand influences to sell agency expertise, gain
consensus on creative ideas, and develop central initiatives.
• Lead multiple client engagements of varying sizes in a fast-paced environment.
• Collaborate to drive strategic solutions that respond to business and
• Identify new opportunities to help W2O’s business and brand.
• Build thoughtful, clear, concise decks that outline business objectives.
• Thoroughly understand our capabilities and demonstrate a passion for
healthcare, digital, and communications to help spot opportunities for the client
to achieve greater success, reach a broader audience, and use all the tools at
• Encourage and lead internal teams to ensure technical and operational
excellence in all executions.
• Manage execution and project challenges, utilizing technical and influence skills
to problem solve and keep projects timely and on-budget
• Partner throughout the business to streamline, elevate, and innovate our tactical processes.
• Partner with shared service leads to identify, develop and grow integrated
business (social media/digital, content) through trend-spotting, strategic
recommendations, and introducing clients to the full scope of W2O’s capabilities.
• Develop understanding of the pitch process.
• Lead account and cross-functional teams to encourage excellence and integrity in all matters.
• Operate as a talent ambassador for W2O by participating in recruiting events.
• Empower teams through engaging and active management and career
• Set clear performance objectives and utilize all management tools to
communicate alignment and performance measures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field or equivalent experience is required.
• 8+ years in a professional environment within the public relations,
communications, and / or advertising industries.
• Proficiency in the constantly evolving digital landscape and the impact to clients’ business.
• Exceptional project management skills; demonstrated ability to meet timelines, prioritize, and manage detailed budgets.
• Outstanding business & data communication skills. Can explain complex
technical terms, clinical trials, and studies pertaining to the brand. Able to
communicate critical information to management and the client.
• Proven ability to lead account teams and become a trusted client partner.
• Experience identifying organic new business; some exposure to new business
• Some management experience of junior staff required – interns, associates.
• High energy, able to effectively operate in fast-paced, growing and evolving
• The position may require some domestic travel for client meetings and
conferences (10 percent).
Real Chemistry is currently operating with a flexible, hybrid approach and giving our teams the ability to operate in the way that works best for them – at home, in office or a mix. * We trust our people to decide what works best for them, working together with their teams and leaders to support our customers and make the world a healthier place. This policy will continue to be evaluated and may change in the future as we seek to ensure our people stay inspired, engaged, and motivated to do their best work.
*All employees who work in a Real Chemistry office, travel for business, or attend a Real Chemistry sponsored event must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees who qualify for a religious or medical exemption to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine are advised to work with our People team for accommodation.
Real Chemistry offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents including Your 4th Trimester ® , a program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: https://www.realchemistry.com/
Real Chemistry is committed to being an Equal Opportunity employer. As such, we seek motivated and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, ethnic or national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Real Chemistry operates. We strive to employ, motivate, advance and reasonably accommodate any qualified employees and applicants. We believe diversity of persons and ideas forms the most comprehensive, forward-looking company.