Global Email Marketing Manager
Vrbo is seeking an experienced Email Marketing Manager to join our Traveler Email Team. We are looking for a proactive and experienced email marketer who can develop best-in-class strategies & continuously enhance the capabilities of our email marketing program to drive revenue and increase customer loyalty and satisfaction. This role will be responsible for email programs and will play an instrumental role in the day-to-day execution, management, reporting and optimization of these programs. This role requires a strong desire to be involved in all aspects of email marketing including ESP infrastructure, email design, deployment, and deliverability. Analytical acumen, project management skills, and a desire to quickly test and learn are critical to successfully drive the email program forward.
If you enjoy building email marketing strategies from scratch, thrive on turning ambiguity into productivity, and have aptitude for scaling marketing delivery across multiple countries, this role is ideal for you.
What you’ll do:
- Develop solutions that enhance the overall customer experience and drive business results, challenging the status quo in email execution and content.
- Build out compelling, data driven customer journeys across the traveler journey applying email best practice focusing on retargeting programs across 20+ brands in over 13+ countries.
- Own and develop the email program roadmap from A/B testing, technology enhancements and content optimization.
- Analyze email campaign performance and derive insights to advance recommendations for optimization and/or the creation of additional campaigns to support key findings.
- Recommend and implement new strategies, innovative ideas, and/or technologies to grow the email channel.
- Work with our internal marketing, creative, business, product and technology teams to understand objectives and create compelling, effective email marketing programs to drive engagement and other business KPIS.
Who you are:
- 7+ years experience in the email marketing industry and ESPs (Eloqua, Sparkpost, etc).
- High-level understanding of the marketing technology stack, including marketing automation, email service providers and CRM; interest in getting under the hood to bend the technology to your will.
- Communicate and present problem statements, business strategies, hypothesis and results to company executives and partners on a regular basis
- Knowledge of best practices for database and email marketing – email distribution, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, performance metrics, CAN-SPAM laws, list segmentation, and database hygiene.
- Has experience managing and optimizing email retargeting programs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with the EMP Eloqua, Sparkpost or MessageGears
- Experience partnering with technology teams and working with creative team
- Experience with Push and SMS
- Ability to take marketing concepts/requirements and turn them into high quality build specs for marketing automation program
- Good understanding of campaign KPI performance metrics paired with strong analytical skills utilising data in Excel and other tools
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to use them internally, externally, and at all levels
- Solid understanding of basic principles of data, how data is structured and organized, how it flows between systems, etc.
- Entrepreneurial team player; able to take initiative and deliver results with minimal direction, while knowing when to pull in other stakeholders for feedback.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS or other coding languages (Freemaker, RazorCode a plus)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Vrbo, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. Vrbo is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.