Are you looking for the chance to be a core member of the product marketing team in the fastest growing data platform company on the planet? Then look no further.
Revenue from the database market is forecast to expand from $62bn in 2020 to just under $90bn in 2024, making it one of the tech industry’s largest software segments. MongoDB is well positioned to capitalize on this growth. We were the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years, and our business is growing at ~50% annually.
We are looking for a stellar candidate who can drive the Go-To-Market strategy and cross-company core messaging for the MongoDB database focusing on developer experience - specifically MongoDB Query Language (MQL), the Aggregation Pipeline, and programming language-specific Drivers. The MongoDB database provides the foundational layer of MongoDB Data Platform. Extending from the edge to the cloud, the MongoDB Data Platform enables our customers to build applications faster, scale them further, and analyze deeper.
You’ll be a key member of an energetic and globally distributed team that reports to the Director of Database Product Marketing. In the role, you will be responsible for creating compelling thought leadership themes, messages and GTM programs that position the value of the MongoDB database and its developer interfaces, such as query language and drivers, to a diverse audience – from developers, DBAs, and architects through to senior technical and business decision makers.
You’ll work closely with Product Management to help shape product vision and with Engineering to define the product roadmap. Your content will be expressed through stories that engage our audiences including the developer community, press and analysts, and senior decision makers.
- Content Creation – Develop value propositions, messages, and positioning that translates product capabilities into unique and meaningful business benefits and value that resonate with diverse audiences. Exhibiting thought leadership and storytelling will be a key part of the role!
- Research and Develop – Synthesize market trends, customer requirements, and competitive offerings to identify key messages and points of MongoDB differentiation, along with gaps in current offerings. You will infuse this analysis into product messaging and positioning
- Plan and Execute – Collaborate with our Marketing, Dev Advocacy, and Sales Enablement teams to create the strategic and tactical GTM plan that communicates the value of the MongoDB database and broader data platform to multiple audiences. Support product launches and help scale adoption.
- Evangelize – Engage directly with customers in support of sales cycles. Drive awareness and desire of the MongoDB Data Platform by presenting at industry conferences, and assuming the role of spokesperson to the press and analyst community
- Define – Share market and user analysis with our Product Management, Engineering, and Executive leadership teams to help inform product strategy and roadmap.
- ROI – Evaluate the ROI of product marketing activities and develop plans for continuous improvement
- Company revenue performance against goals
- Database adoption and revenue performance through both on-premise deployments and cloud services
- Content effectiveness (sales adoption and win/loss metrics, SEO authority, page views, product registrations and downloads, and favorable placement in independent market research)
- Shaping compelling product enhancements
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the data management market, ideally in a product or solutions marketing role, though other roles and relevant experience will be considered
- You need to blend strong business and technical acumen, presented as thought leadership. You need a solid knowledge of data management and how it is relevant in a rapidly evolving market landscape, especially in digital transformation, cloud computing, and developer practices
- You need the ability to modulate content to speak to different internal and external audiences.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to lead with a point of view and with stories that our audiences can relate to, producing stellar writing under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated success in positioning industry-leading products and solutions, with the creative and analytical horsepower to do so
- A very low ego-to-talent ratio and collaborative spirit
- BA/BS degree preferred, but relevant experience will be equally considered
- Preferred location North America
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*