Product Marketing Manager, Distributed Systems at MongoDB
Are you looking for the chance to be a core member of the product marketing team in the fastest growing data platform company in the world?
Revenue from the database market is forecast to expand from $62bn in 2020 to just under $90bn in 2024, making it one of the tech industry’s largest software segments. MongoDB is well positioned to capitalize on this growth. We were the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years, and our business is growing at ~50% annually.
We are looking for a stellar candidate who can drive the Go-To-Market strategy and cross-company core messaging for the MongoDB database focusing on its distributed systems architecture. The MongoDB database provides the foundational layer of MongoDB Data Platform. Extending from the edge to the cloud, the MongoDB Data Platform enables our customers to build applications faster, scale them further, and analyze deeper.
You’ll be a member of an upbeat and globally distributed team that reports to the Senior Director of Database Product Marketing. In the role, you will be responsible for crafting compelling thought leadership themes, messages and GTM programs that position the value of the MongoDB database and its distributed systems design to a diverse audience – from developers, DBAs, and architects through to senior technical and business decision makers.
You’ll work closely with the executive team to help shape product vision, and with Product Management and Engineering to define the product roadmap. Your content will be expressed through stories that engage our audiences including the developer community, press and analysts, and senior decision makers.Responsibilities
- Content Creation – Develop value propositions, messages, and positioning that translates product capabilities into unique and meaningful business benefits and value that resonate with diverse audiences. Exhibiting thought leadership and storytelling will be a key part of the role!
- Research and Develop – Analyze customer requirements, the evolving market landscape, and driven offerings to identify key messages and points of MongoDB differentiation, along with gaps in current offerings. You will infuse this analysis into product messaging and positioning
- Plan and Execute – Collaborate with our Marketing, DevRel, and Sales Enablement teams to build the strategic and tactical GTM plan that communicates the value of the MongoDB database and broader data platform to multiple audiences
- Evangelize – Engage directly with customers in support of sales cycles. Drive awareness and desire of the MongoDB Data Platform by speaking publicly at industry conferences, and assuming the role of spokesperson to the press and analyst community
- Define – Share market and user analysis with our Product Management, Engineering, and Executive leadership teams to help advise product strategy and roadmap.
- return on investment – Evaluate the return on investment of product marketing activities and develop plans for continuous improvement
- Company revenue performance against goals
- Database adoption and revenue performance through both on-premise deployments and cloud services
- Content efficiency (sales adoption and win/loss metrics, SEO authority, page views, product registrations and downloads, and favorable placement in independent market research)
- Crafting compelling product improvements
- Experience in the data management market, ideally in a product or solutions marketing role
- You need to blend strong business and technical acuity, presented as thought leadership. You need a proven knowledge of data management and how it is relevant in a constantly evolving market landscape, especially in digital transformation, cloud computing, and developer practices
- You need the ability to modulate content to speak to different internal and external audiences.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to lead with a point of view and with stories that our audiences can relate to, producing stellar writing under tight deadlines
- Proven success in positioning industry-leading products and solutions, with the creative and analytical horsepower to do so
- A very low ego-to-talent ratio
- BA/BS degree preferred, but relevant experience will be equally considered
- Preferred location North America or Europe
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*