Senior Global Product Marketing Manager
The Senior Global Product Marketing Manager is responsible for meeting and exceeding business objectives for product and policy launches at HomeAway. As you develop a deep understanding of our customers and market, we will look to you to create go-to-market strategies, strong and enduring product positioning and messaging and ensure internal and external readiness for launches. You’ll be responsible for identifying customer and business needs and championing solutions through from concept to launch.
Due to the entrepreneurial and dynamic nature of our business, we are looking for team members who can operate successfully at a strategic level but who are equally comfortable at a detailed execution level. This will require you be strategic, adaptable, analytical and strongly motivated to contribute in any way possible to the success of the team, our customers and our global initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Define go-to-market strategies by product launch, globally and locally
- Ensure go-to-market strategy fits in overall customer journey planning and orchestrating stories -across quarters and years
- Own and update go-to-market playbook for launches as product releases and marketing channels evolve
- Develop and create product positioning and one voice/ master content documentation for every launch that supports the entire company through product and policy launches
- Partner with marketing and update/leverage product marketing briefs when planning for external -communications as part of a launch
- Review and provide feedback on training and marketing materials provided to support launch
- Provide feedback and input into product development process to ensure product aligns with ---positioning and messages
- Serve as the hub to all GTM activities, locally and globally; partner with program on go-to-market and readiness activities across the entire organization
- Support other team as they prepare functional specific content for launches
- Broadcast GTM activities widely across company on a weekly basis and via quarterly plans
- Post launch adoption
- Partners with product, marketing, CS, Sales, and product marketing advocacy team to drive adoption of key products and features
- Partner with analytics to set up tests and provide reporting on adoption initiatives and testing outcomes
- Champion property manager needs with cross-functional teams to influence the product roadmap, policy decisions, and business strategy
Who you are
- 5+ years internet, ecommerce experience, preferably in an international or global capacity
- 3+ years of product marketing experience, preferably B2B and B2C
- Experience partnering with Sales and Customer Support teams to become a customer authority and advocate
- Prior experience in the travel industry, specifically working with Property Managers and Property -Management Software providers, preferred
- Ability to form close partnerships with product management and marketing teams
- Demonstrated experience merchandizing product features leading to quick adoption and lasting usage
- A validated, successful track record of increasing product market share through well-executed marketing and successful delivery of go-to-market activities
- Experience successfully working in a global, matrix organization
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- MBA preferred
Definition of success:
- Strong relationships built throughout the organization
- Effective go to market strategy in place and applied in all major launches and on key existing products
- Smooth and coordinated product launch process across all regions with adaptations for local requirements, maximizing feature adoption and minimizing customer contact rates
- Excellent working relationship with product management, marketing, sales, and customer experience teams
- Measurable improvements in customer satisfaction
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.