Senior Manager, Brand Strategy
HomeAway is looking for a Brand Strategist to work on the Global Brand Strategy team.
Our Global Brand Strategy team is a group of people with proven experience in thinking AND making. We are looking for someone who is adept at analyzing large sets of data and crafting clear, compelling stories based on actionable customer insights - all in service of driving innovation across the organization. You are passionate about human behavior, technology’s impact on our lives, and what that means for the travel vertical. This person will be expected to challenge assumptions, inspire creatives and business leaders, and develop impactful brand, business, and marketing strategies in service of real human needs.
HomeAway looks for individuals who have a passion for uncovering insights, an ability to move fast, are generous with (and open to receiving) feedback, and are always looking to contribute. The successful candidate will be: tenacious, imaginative, precise, analytically-inclined, and curious.
With a proven ability to: lead research that uncovers insights; build compelling stories; ask and answer difficult and ambiguous questions; work cross-functionally with ease; inspire and support product, marketing, and creative teams with data; evaluate work; learn and adapt quickly. This role is based in HomeAway’s Austin HQ and requires physical presence in Austin with limited travel to HomeAway’s London office.
What you’ll do:
- Become an expert of HomeAway's products and audiences (traveler and partner).
- Analyze existing data and research (qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic) and commission new research, collaborating with internal research teams as well as working with external specialists.
- Analyze cultural, technological and market trends to inform strategic and creative development.
- Capture and bring to life powerful human insights.
- Develop sharply focused creative briefs and deliver inspiring creative briefings.
- Collaborate and support creative teams before and after the briefing.
- Clear and compelling presentation of strategies and ideas to senior stakeholders grounded in data.
- Identify and understand trends within the creative ecosystem (video, social, etc.).
- Strong focus on being able to analyze data and use it to effectively grow the business.
Who you are:
- Requirements/Success factors:
- 6+ years experience as a brand planner or strategist at a creative agency, research company or relevant client-side brand team.
- International background with demonstrated cultural sensitivity and knowledge of multiple markets, languages and regions.
- Experience collaborating with dynamic and matrixed organizations.
- Analytical/data driven – you want to infuse data into everything you do.
- Passion for travel, vacation rentals and HomeAway.
- Able to effectively balance creative and business concerns.
- Inveterate relationship builder with a love of collaboration.
- High-performance orientation with an appreciation for working smarter not harder.
- Maintain a positive energy and optimism that inspires those around you.
- Fluency in general business, marketing and creative concepts and workflows with a talent for communicating these to a wide variety of stakeholders.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.