Senior SEO Manager at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Senior SEO Manager will coordinate across lines of business to develop website behavior and SEO requirements based on business objectives, routinely communicating project plans, timelines and results to internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have an appetite for discovery, recognizing opportunities for improvement and taking the initiative to bring those opportunities forward and/or recommend solutions. Success will be defined by improvement in quantitative metrics (indexing, ranking, bounce rates, etc) and qualitative contributions to the team (collaboration, operational efficiency).
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in the North America region.What you’ll do
- Drive organic search traffic to MongoDB.com and related properties by contributing to overarching organic search strategy
- Drive Technical SEO strategy across our website properties, identify key opportunities for enhancing MongoDB’s organic search presence to ultimately drive traffic
- Partner with SEO content manager on overall SEO strategy
- Stay up to date on the latest algorithm updates, and SEO trends; prepare & implement strategies where applicable on MongoDB.com and related sites
- Manage agency relationships, determine resource requirements to execute major SEO initiatives and plans
- Collaborate closely with developer teams to assess, and implement necessary SEO-related technical improvements (indexing/crawl issues, redirects, schema, internal linking, etc)
- Partner with other acquisition teams (paid search, etc) to help ensure maximum overall return from a higher-level acquisition perspective
- Collaborate with Marketing Analytics team to report on performance results of initiatives
- Drive and execute planned site consolidations in an effort to enhance our overall user experience
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of SEO experience
- Expert with SEO Tools such as ScreamingFrog, AHREFs, etc
- Advanced experience with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Understanding of technical SEO audits, ability to read, interpret, and assess audits conducted by partnering agencies
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Strong collaboration skills, experience working cross functionally
- Self-starter and go-getter attitude
- Experience managing website migrations is a plus
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.