Analyst - Website Security Support I - Product/Firewall at GoDaddy
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
Our team is looking for a colleague to help us tackle various requirements from our customers. The Support Analyst - Website Security job family at GoDaddy chips in a key role in providing support to our website security customers. We perform different aspects of the incident response life-cycle, which may include the following but not limited to:
This position will be remote. You can work from home near any GoDaddy location globally.
What you'll get to do
- Detection & Analysis: Verification of outdated software, plugins and other components that could compromise the site/environment, securing mixed http content.
- Containment, Eradication & Recovery: Cleanup of back doors, malware, SPAM, and other bad actors located on our customer’s website (filesystem/database). Configure sites to be behind HTTPS and Firewall. We also test the site’s availability and integrity after the process to assess uptime and site functionality post Firewall set up.
- Post-Incident Activity: Providing recommendations on how to prevent such issues in the future (password change, removal of local & old backups from the local environment, update software and others).
- Configuration and proficiency of DNS set up to set up and maintain Website Application Firewall.
Your experience should include
- General understanding of security principles and use good security practices in general.
- Linux experience – CLI and cPanel.
- Experience with Apache, Nginx and other web servers.
- Experience with WordPress, Joomla, Magento, vBulletin and other CMS’s.
- You will bring a deep background of how DNS, FTP/SFTP, web, firewalls, CDNs and the Internet work.
- Strong communications skills, ticket-focused customer support with aptitude for providing excellent service.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
We’ve got your back…
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.