Associate, Network Development at Oscar
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring an Associate to join our Market P+L team in remotely in Houston, TX.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will guide Medicare Advantage and Individual (ACA) membership growth through our system, IPA, and provider partnerships. You will help lead the local network strategy, ensuring providers across our service area have the information and support they need to provide outstanding member care, maximize growth, and create quality outcomes.
You will report into the VP of our Central Region
- Work on local network development and engagement strategies with independent providers, physician networks, and systems
- Help grow the network through building a contracting list of important specialists working with in-network PCPs and assisting with contracting
- Use existing in-market relationships to grow Oscar’s network and develop favorable relationships with in-network providers
- Explain contract nuances — such as FFS, capitation, and risk — while reviewing contracts to work towards network cost efficiencies
- Partner with Sales and Marketing on broker tabling, community events and co-marketing
- Analyze network gaps, researching providers to bring in-network, and identifying new partnership and market opportunities
- Improve health outcomes and measurements such as HEDIS by educating providers on proper coding, prescribing patterns and member ER utilization
- Promote awareness of novel Oscar programs
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- You have 4+ years of professional experience
- You have 3+ years experience in healthcare network partnerships, provider or network contracting, community engagement, or sales distribution - preferably in Houston
- Experience with healthcare contracts
- Excellent service skills — you will be the face of Oscar in the market and must develop excellent relationships with local provider partners
- Wherewithal to work on several tasks, including service and support, network development, driving quality outcomes with provider partners and mitigating provider education issues
- Ready and excited to make an immediate impact
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.