Chief of Staff to the Executive Team at realtor.com
You’re a fit for this role if, over a wide diversity of projects, businesses or clients you’ve built and honed your skills in structured problem solving, outcome-oriented execution, meticulous attention to detail, and executive-level communication and presentation - all with high analytical capability and rigor.
The Chief of Staff role at realtor.com represents a unique opportunity to be exposed to and operate at the highest levels of a leading digital real estate company that’s already at scale, profitable, and growing quickly. You’ll build relationships with senior leaders at Realtor.com, and bring the skills you’ve built to bear on some of our most interesting, and impactful work. It's a great opportunity to set yourself up to transition into a range of leadership roles in 2-3 years if desired, or to continue assuming more responsibility within the role as the organization grows.
Candidates will need to demonstrate essential capabilities:
- Executional excellence: You have the organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, high sense of responsibility, and general skillset to take on a wide range of high priority tasks in support of the CEO, CFO, and Executive Leadership Team (ELT). You are dependable, and always deliver quality work
- Executive-level communication and presentation skills: Your written (including presentation decks) and verbal communication is compelling and precise. You can quickly take complex concepts and communicate them briefly, simply and persuasively. You’ve demonstrated the ability to communicate at executive levels of large companies or organizations
- Structured problem solving: strategic thinking, in particular the ability to break complex problems down into component parts. The ability to lead on and enjoy both strategic and tactical work is key
- Analytical capability: You’re confident creating, scrutinizing and improving everything from revenue models to pivot tables to dashboards. You’ve repeatedly done the work to make sure complex business reporting data is accurate, but you’re also able to cut out the noise by identifying the most salient data points to inform decision making.
Additional capabilities that will help the best candidates stand out:
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to establish strong and trusting relationships with colleagues
- Designing or leading organizational change management around new goals, priorities, team changes or projects
- High initiative, self-starting capabilities; the demonstrated ability to identify and seize opportunities for impact in messy, uncertain contexts without direction or oversight
- Facilitation skills; you design thoughtful meeting processes/agendas and are skilled at chairing or facilitating meetings or sessions that make progress on high stakes discussions with senior stakeholders.
As a Chief of Staff, you will:
- Report directly to the CFO, while supporting the CEO, CFO, and ELT
- Plan and facilitate ELT meetings, planning sessions, company-wide business reviews, etc.
- Prepare presentations and business updates, and drive follow-up and resolution for ELT and company-wide priorities
- Project manage preparation and creation of materials for internal ELT and external News Corp meetings
- Offer general support: correspondence, agendas, minute taking, etc (note: core administrative support to the CEO/CFO is provided by a separate admin role)
- Consolidate, synthesize, and communicate regular competitive reports and insights, supporting realtor.com CEO, CFO, and ELT, as well as News Corp Investor Relations
- Assist in developing and driving company-wide OKR processes, ensuring organizational alignment, regular dashboard reporting, and transparent performance management
- Coordinate closely with internal teams in order to drive a holistic and integrated view of business performance: i.e. Economics, Strategy, Finance, Operations, Communications
- Manage and execute special projects as designated by the CEO and CFO
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.