Claims Coordinator at Hippo Insurance
Role: Claims Coordinator
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Management or Head of Claims
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We strive to provide them with nothing less than the best policies, best value and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from having problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
This approach is clearly resonating with people. Hippo has grown 25% a month over the past year, has a customer satisfaction score more than double the industry average and insures more than $90B in property value. We’re looking for the very best talent in the world to help us continue to find new ways of fundamentally redefining the role insurance plays in people’s lives.
About This Role
We’re seeking an organized, detail oriented, and effective Claims Coordinator to be the backbone of our Claims department!
- Highly organized with superb communication skills
- You are detail oriented, flexible and love to collaborate with others to ensure a superb customer experience
- You are responsive, attentive and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment
- Answering phone calls from customers regarding their claims
- Directing claims phone calls to the appropriate staff member
- Taking first reports of loss from our customers
- Compiling claims related reports
- Checking mail
- Scanning documents
- Special claims department projects including data entry, department efficiency and quality assurance.
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PPT, Project)
- Bachelor’s degree and prior claims experience and/or working an insurance company prior preferred
- 2-3 years of experience
Compensation and Perks
- Fun offices located in Austin, TX
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunch 3 days a week!
- Flexible paid time off
- Full time salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Amazing Benefits including 100% employer paid medical, dental, & vision for the Employee AND Family plus STD, LTD, and flexible spending accounts
- Fun, start-up environment -- casual dress, events, etc.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.