Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our Cloud Migrations Manager role hits that sweet spot between a technical and a customer success role. It focuses on providing mentorship, support, and product expertise to our small to medium size customers on their migration journey from their on-prem products to the Atlassian cloud. You are the main point of contact - helping them plan their migration, sharing relevant documentation, identifying roadblocks, and offering solutions. You are responsible for connecting with our migrations support team, gathering insights, and sharing this back with the business.
Your day to day:
- Research and prioritize inbound customers based on their license profile and shared information, and work with the teams to divvy up responsibilities and schedule handoffs.
- You will serve as the POC for all things migration-related.
- Run a high volume of inbound customer queries with a focus on response time, hours logged, and customer happiness.
- Conduct discovery with customers to assess and understand their use case.
- Advise customers on how to plan/prepare for migrations from On-Premise to Cloud by sharing available documentation.
- Review migration needs and any potential roadblocks to migrating and guide customers through a self-serve approach
- Collaborate closely with multiple cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Customer Success Managers, Enterprise Advocates and Loyalty Advocates, Technical Support, Customer Programs, and Product during each migration, keeping the teams advised and accountable.
- Serve as a POC for any blockers, bugs as well as champion the customer needs with internal and external vendors and partners.
- Communicate customer trends and standard methodologies to internal teams to drive improvements to documentation, tooling, product, and process.
- Improve and develop internal processes and policies to improve customer experience and team efficiency in a low touch engagement model.
- Develop recommendations for how to improve the migration experience for our customers in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
Experience and skills required:
- Strong experience working in a customer success role.
- Technical aptitude with a focus on technical reasoning and bug identification.
- Leading discussions with program managers and technical audiences.
- Consistent track record of understanding customer roadblocks and derive insights from customer interactions and use them to make improvements in products & processes.
- Proven track record to build and improve policies and procedures, as well as build customer standard methodologies based on trends and insights.
- Ability to collaborate efficiently in an environment with shifting priorities and dependencies.
- Ability to plan long-term and help the team scale as the volume of migrating customers increases.
Good to have skills:
- Atlassian product experience with Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, or Access.
- Technical ability to navigate and seek strategic discussions on various deployment/migration options across self-hosted, cloud, and hybrid deployment options
- Experience in supporting customers using both On-Premise or Cloud software platforms
- Experience in working with a channel of Solutions Partners
- Ability to think in terms of business outcomes
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.