ENERGETIC | STRATEGIC | MOTIVATED
The Customer Development Representative will play a key role in ACG's Sales organization by collaborating with Relationship Managers to identify, qualify and build enterprise customer accounts. You will leverage your savvy research capabilities, charisma and organizational skills to initiate contact with potential customers, and continue to foster long lasting relationships with customers while keeping in mind their potential needs, interests and viability. This opportunity allows you to work with a highly collaborative team supporting the large accounts that make ACG successful. This role reports to the Director of Business Development.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Sales team awesome...
We’re serious about keeping work fun and creating new opportunities for organizations and their people. We’d shout it from the rooftops, but we find that calls, emails, and face-to-face chats are more effective. Hunger and passion are great, but they’re nothing without humility. We’re a team that puts our students first and checks our egos at the door. Think: less chest beating, more high fives.
- Our brand sets us apart. We are THE largest online cloud school on the planet.
- We are an ethical, positive group. Champion the customer is the value we live by.
- Huge market opportunity Globally, 1 out of every 3 IT dollars is spent on the cloud.
- A product you can get behind. Sell a product that people want and need.
You’re not coming into a machine that’s been working for 20 years — you’re coming in to build things. Sarah Hiking Guru (and Account Executive)
Sales at A Cloud Guru is different than any other sales team elsewhere because of the way we work together and really appreciate everyone's role no matter the title. I look at the sales team as an extension to my family. - Kayle, Cheese Guru (and Sales Development Representative)
I feel like I'm the CEO of my own business and the sky's the limit! If I work hard, am customer-centric, prioritize, am strategic, and follow a sales process aligned to the customer journey I will win and be successful in my role. - Brenda, Sailing Guru (and Account Executive)
It makes a difference when you can get out of bed in the morning selling something that’s doing actual good. And that businesses actually want. Organizations all over the world, of all sizes, in every industry, are facing a major challenge and opportunity with cloud. We reach out to these businesses with real value, because we have a product they need. –Madeline, Fitness Guru (and Relationship Manager)As a Customer Development Representative at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Build a high quality pipeline for our Relationship Managers in collaboration with meeting and/or exceeding sales goals!
- Gain an understanding of how our solutions solve problems related to digital transformation for our customers.
- Create new relationships, as well as grow existing relationships with customers identifying their needs, interests and realities to drive sales.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers and gain valuable coaching on sales development.
- Support the large accounts that make ACG a success!
We are looking for someone who can:
- Initiate contact with potential customers through cold-calling, social selling, emailing, or respond to existing customer inquiries.
- Build lasting relationships with a large customer base, keeping track and updating their information in Salesforce.
- Operate with enthusiasm and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Experience in sales development and relationship management.
- Experience working with with LinkedIn Sales Navigator and saleforce.com
- Candidates should be highly reliable, have excellent communication skills, and be willing to learn on the job constantly.
- Ability to build influential relationships and to deliver results in a cross-functional and matrixed environment.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated individual who is confident, thorough, committed and possessed excellent time management skills.
- A background in B2B sales, with a track record of teaching and exceeding sales goals is highly desirable.
- Additional knowledge of technology, cloud computing solutions, SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS are also a plus!
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of SalesMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.