Customer Engagement Manager at A Cloud Guru
PROACTIVE | ORGANIZED | ENGAGING
As a Customer Engagement Manager at A Cloud Guru, you'll own the creation of our post-sale B2B customer engagement strategy across our smallest tier of customers. You’ll work directly with this large customer base to drive adoption and engagement of the A Cloud Guru product throughout the customer lifecycle. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for customer success, strong technical skills, and a previous background in customer success, account management, email marketing or general strategic marketing solutions. We are interested in individuals who have a track record of finding creative solutions to problems, who thrive in challenging situations, who love to engage with customers and want to apply these skills to solve for customers using our platform.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Customer Experience team awesome...
We are dedicated to making sure our cloud gurus are successful in every single stage of their cloud-learning journey. We don’t just solve problems – we champion our customers in multiple ways. We take our jobs and customers seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Keeping it fun is such a big part of our culture. We're all working hard, but we're having fun along the way.
There is no stifling of ideas or individuality. Your ideas are very much welcomed and encouraged. - Kellie, Cookies Guru (and Senior Customer Success Manager)As a Customer Engagement Manager at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Learn new technologies quickly and deliver A Cloud Guru’s value proposition
- Turn customer data into insights and create the foundation for our 1:many approach
- Enmesh yourself in the customer experience to understand their drivers, roadblocks and determine plays to help them around these areas
- Develop outreach strategies to nurture the growth and retention of our smallest tier customers
- Engage with stakeholders post-sales to drive customer onboarding, adoption, satisfaction and ultimately, retention
- Be the voice of customers internally & advocate improvement in the customer experience
- Ensure customers get the most out of the ACG platform
We are looking for someone who can:
- Drive engagement and customer usage for our B2B clients
- Maintain a deep understanding of product offerings and communicate with customers about the most relevant features for their specific business needs
- Is passionate about providing the best experience to our customers
- Thrives on leveraging data to find creative solutions to generate engagement at scale
- Develop a strategy to identify customer segments to target
- Create a plan to improve customer engagement, retention and growth
- Learn on the fly and adapt new tactics as needed
- Track the impact and success and continue developing new approaches
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Success, Account Management or Marketing
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience delivering on key Customer Success metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Start-up or SaaS experience a plus!
- Experience owning a large portfolio of customer relationships is a big plus!
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.