At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
The Customer Success (CS) Program Manager, Scale Programs reports to the Head of Global Strategic Programs. Together, Customer Success Managers (CSM), Customer Solution Engineers (CSE), Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, and Sales Operations - all work together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
We believe that putting our people first, and fostering a creative, exciting, and stimulating environment is a prerequisite to achieving and surpassing our commercial goals.
What you'll do
As a Customer Success Program Manager, Scale Programs, you’ll be responsible for executing initiatives that can deliver meaningful engagement to customers and drive efficiency for CSMs and CSEs in successfully managing their book of business. You’ll work cross-functionally to drive consistent alignment to deliver a monthly product webinar series, coordinating closely with our Product and Expansion Marketing Teams.
You will understand and demonstrate the ability to both leverage customer relationships and implement tools and technology to create critical infrastructure, in order to execute many programs while keeping long-term scalability top of mind. Using data and analytics to demonstrate program success over time, you will evaluate the challenges and opportunities for program advancement. You will deliver these programs at scale while also balancing regional needs and priorities across our global teams.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Creating internal guides and external customer-facing assets that support successful program execution.
- Making strategic recommendations on how the program should evolve.
- Working alongside and educating key field stakeholders, scaling and continuously improving to drive recommendations to ensure efficiency.
- Developing and delivering change management planning in support of new processes and frameworks.
- Monitoring quality of key program deliverables.
- Delivering monthly program analytics and success metrics to Leadership, and program participants.
- Gathering valuable feedback from Executives and Account Teams that drives continuous improvement of the overall Growth and Scale program.
- Working with CS leaders and CSMs / CSEs to build and scale programs that automate key areas that are ever-evolving as our business grows.
- Building, tracking, and executing net new programs that are top of mind and strategic to business Scale in a particular period.
- Understanding and demonstrating your ability to successfully launch programs at scale, with minimal hands-on guidance, that serves both our growing CS team as well as a large global customer base.
- Demonstrating a strong ability to communicate in order to drive consensus and buy-in across programs.
- Designing scalable ways to intake field feedback to discover new program opportunities across customer success to inform program roadmaps.
- Coordinating and collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholders to drive programs towards agreed deliverables, and ensure program roadmap items are being built and prioritized over time.
- Very strong program management skills that can help identify and solve problems quickly with minimal management guidance.
- Leadership skills that help you lead the program without help or support from other members of the team.
- Ability to manage several competing priorities and stakeholders while building excellent cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to engage up and down the organization (including SVP+) with confidence, poise, and gravitas.
- Highly organized and self-motivated to create and execute program deliverables.
- Team player who can take on programs in various stages of completion and run with them with full accountability and oversight.
- Comfort in the ambiguity of changing priorities and flexibility to new ideas within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and craftsmanship, with a knack for prioritization and scoping
- Excellence in developing processes to enable teams to fulfill relevant needs and deliverables.
- Curiosity to learn our products and work with BI, Product, and Customer-Facing teams to create adoption scoring and guides that allow CSMs and CSEs to take productive actions to help our customers adopt more
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills.
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- Experience (5-8 years) working on customer success programs working in a similar capacity within CS teams at Saas, Cloud, or cloud-native companies.
- Proven track record of leading strategy for a global program and working with account teams and senior services leads.
- Proven track record of working across global stakeholders and making strategic recommendations to evolve high-profile, high-impact programs.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills with the ability to present to different audiences.
- Must be highly organized and possess exceptional time management skills, with the ability to effectively juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
- Advanced working knowledge of tools like Salesforce, Gainsight, G-suite products are a huge plus.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.