About Self and its Mission:
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the role:
As a Customer Success Specialist, you will be supporting Self’s community in reaching their financial and credit goals. You will assist in resolving customer challenges through direct communication via phone, email and chat. You will work closely with the Customer Success team and leadership to shape Self by providing feedback and developing ideas for improvement. You will work in a highly collaborative yet autonomous environment- where we celebrate our customer's successes and thrive on reaching our own internal goals!
You are smart, organized, upbeat, driven, and dependable. You appreciate working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that rewards ability and results. You are concise and direct – and flourish in a challenging environment that offers the opportunity to test your problem-solving skills. You have an ability to engage and relate positively to our customers and community.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Customer Success team to ensure top customer satisfaction by resolving issues and finding quick, viable solutions through our main communication channels (calls, emails, and chats)
- Act as a liaison with engineering and product teams to communicate urgent customer issues
- Turn distressed customers/situations into opportunities to delight our customers through exceptional communication skills with a positive attitude
- Deliver results in a timely manner
- Thrive with the support of your teammates in daily/weekly meetings and fun team challenges
What you will need...
- Enthusiastic and “self-starter” approach
- Experience solving problems in a customer-facing environment, and providing consistent support
- Brings high energy and interest to customer inquiries and remains calm and respectful
- With a process-driven mindset; you can identify issues of all kinds and offer solid solutions
- Strong written, verbal, and organization skills
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
Flexible vacation policy
Free Gym membership
Casual dress code
Team happy hours and events
Remote work arrangements/ Flexible work schedule (due to the pandemic)
Our downtown office is open for those who want to take advantage of working onsite
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to COVID-19, we're working from home until further notice. (stay safe!)