Customer Support Manager at Hippo Insurance
Role: Customer Support Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Reports to: Customer Support Director
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About This Role
We’re seeking a Customer Support Manager for our Customer Support team in Austin, Texas. In this leadership role, you will also have the privilege of managing and developing an experienced team of P&C licensed support staff who have already been achieving NPS scores of double the industry standard. We’re looking for someone who can aid us in developing the people, processes and technology that can help us create a world class customer experience.
- Strong communicator that is able to collaborate across all functional areas of the business
- You are skilled in developing strong talent and influencing change through process improvement, operational management practices and innovation
- You have the intellectual horsepower to think through and address various different business problems in parallel
- You are detail oriented, flexible and the ability to interact with and influence a diverse set of internal and external partners
- Works directly with Team Leads on the team to monitor and direct the workload and performance of the Underwriting & Customer Support team that spends about 80% of their time on support tasks and 20% of their time on Underwriting related work
- Point person on the team for day-to-day problem solving, acting as a liaison between the frontline support staff and senior leadership to drive continuous improvements
- Drive partnership with IT to provide business direction and prioritization in the development of state -of-the-art technology tools necessary to deliver effective service and drive digital transformation of contact center capabilities
- Participates in staff recruitment, performance assessments, training and career development
- Preparing reports and analyzing call center data to improve performance and maximize efficiency while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Influence and lead change through process improvement techniques, operational management practices and innovation across the enterprise
- Leads a data driven culture to ensure adequate metrics, reporting and data are in place to manage contact center goals
- At least 5+ years of strategic and operational leadership experience in a customer service environment
- Experience in running the operational aspects of customer support through multiple contact channels, including e-mail, chat and phone
- Contact center experience
- Customer centric service philosophy and understanding of the challenges in providing a world-class customer experience
- A successful track record in achieving and exceeding customer service goals in a fast-growing business.
- Experience in building strong teams, with driving the customer and employee experience
- Excellent leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to both influence and develop strong partnerships at all levels
- Exceptional business judgment with the ability to create sound frameworks to drive towards decisions and organizational alignment
- Experienced in long term, strategic thinking and short-term process efficiency
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.